Urgent help-H4 expired,India travel

nagireddi

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,
Please tell me a sensible advice.I am working as a resident.My original H1B was expired in November 2002, and my wife and kids H4 was the same.The lawyer has applied for my H1B extension in time and got my H1B extended in January 2003.The lawyer has forgotten to apply for my wife and kids H4 visa in time.He applied for their extension on February27th, at Nebrasca service centre.As if now it is still under process.God knows when it is going to be approved. Mean while we decided to go to India and we bought the tickets 3 months ago without knowing that the lawyer has not applied for extension of the H4 visa.My wife and kids will be leaving on June 1st and I plan to leave on July 1st.My questionis is it safe to leave USA without their H4 extension,especially their vi9saa were expired in November and was applied for extension late in February.Please advice me in this regard.Thank you.
Satya

Originally posted by nagireddi
Dear friends,
Please tell me a sensible advice.I am working as a resident.My original H1B was expired in November 2002, and my wife and kids H4 was the same.The lawyer has applied for my H1B extension in time and got my H1B extended in January 2003.The lawyer has forgotten to apply for my wife and kids H4 visa in time.He applied for their extension on February27th, at Nebrasca service centre.As if now it is still under process.God knows when it is going to be approved. Mean while we decided to go to India and we bought the tickets 3 months ago without knowing that the lawyer has not applied for extension of the H4 visa.My wife and kids will be leaving on June 1st and I plan to leave on July 1st.My questionis is it safe to leave USA without their H4 extension,especially their vi9saa were expired in November and was applied for extension late in February.Please advice me in this regard.Thank you.
Satya

I think you should avoid going without the extensions.Pl consult your attorney.