URGENT HELP! F1 Visa Denied

schwzk

Hi, i am a US citizen, 65yrs old father and i long to bring my 43yr old daughter in Nigeria who i have not seen for 10yrs nw. i applied for immigrant visa and at the final stage after about 5yrs processing, she was denied. she was given the form without marking "X" in any paragraph to show the exact reason for the denial and she was not told what to do. I met a lawyer and she said it's beyond her that i should write to the congress man which i did. It was from the congress man i got to know that she was denied visa due to misrepresentation which should be section 212(a)(6)(c)(i) in the form that wasn't marked. i futher asked questions both to the embassy and my daughter and found out that the investigator they sent to her house reported that she is married while the visa application is using her maiden name.

I started the processing of the papers over 5yrs ago and she wasn't married then, so when the interview papers got to her, i adviced her to use her maiden name since that's what we started the process with. i never recieved any notification for change of status if available within the processing period as some people who have brought their family over told me and i didn't know if i was to notify any status change during the long wait. My daughter told me she has no marriage document except church and US laws only accept documents from Marriage registry.

The congress man sugested i get an atorney in nigeria to argue the misrepresentation if i have a good case. secondly, i have been researching and find some people advising applying for waiver for 'ineligibilty dismisal".

I need advice on what to do at this juncture;
[1]Should i get a lawyer to argue the misrepresentation case since the investigator who reported she was married had no legal document to show she is married?

OR

[2]Should i apply for waiver? if am to do this then what document can i provide to show that she is married?

I am so worried about this and i dont want to have any medical conditions due to my worries. i need some help with right and feasible solution to this. i am getting old and i need family around to take care of me when it comes to the time. Which gets closer for me by the day.

I really need some help here. Please!

Thank you.

Once she married, you should have had her processing moved to the married child of a US citizen. I can certainly see that her attempting to obtain a visa as an unmarried child would create the problems that she now has. You have received good advice about getting an attorney involved. Frakly, few people will sympathize with her situation as she (and you) attempted to defraud the people in the US via the misrepresentation of her marital status in order for her to immigrate sooner.

She was married in a church and is living as a married woman; she is indeed married - or living in sin.