Urgent Help CIBA,others

rekharajan

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
        Thanks to all of you on the board & special thanks to CIBA & Mr. Rajiv. My I-485 was finally approved. (but my worries are still not over)But, in my application the last name & first name was reversed. The attorney said it was corrected. The approval shows that it was not. He asked me to go for passport stamping & he said that I can correct it on the I-89 form( I believed him).
           Yesterday, I went for the passport stamping at sanjose & found that the INS officer was not too cooperative(not his fault). Last time when I posted for my name reversal, one person replied that his son\'s name also was reversed(with April 2001 ND) & that his attorney\'s said that they will take care of it after aapoval.
          Now my question is
1) has the same happened to anyone, what steps did they take??
2) What are my options if the card comes with reversal name??
3) Do I have to get it corrected, or can I live with it.
4) Has anyone got the greencard with their names revesed on the card.

since all of you are waiting for the consolated deatils of my case, here it goes....
Category/Country : EB2/India
PD: Jan 2000
I-485 RD : 04/04/2001
I-485 ND: 04/24/2001
FP notice : Nov\'2001(After two faxes)
FP Schedule date : Dec 21st, did on Nov 30th.
AD: Jan 7th 20002.

No Title

Many people have similar issues.
Do some research on "After GC" forum. You had the potential of getting it corrected on I89. Next opportunity is I90 when you get the plastic.

No Title

Thankyou Abu-lafya. Do you know of any case which got corrected on I89 even when their I-485 application had name reversed. If you know can you give me the details. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.