Urgent help: Are original I-20s required

ag28

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if original I-20 is required for interview. I have the copies but not the original ones issued 5 years back.
Any experience on this will be appreciated. the interview letter is generic and only EVL is highlighted. Nothing else is highlighted.
Thank you for your time.

ag28 said:
I was wondering if original I-20 is required for interview. I have the copies but not the original ones issued 5 years back.
Any experience on this will be appreciated. the interview letter is generic and only EVL is highlighted. Nothing else is highlighted.
Thank you for your time.

Hi ag28,

I had J-1 and also IAP-66. My IAP-66 was so important to proof not subject for 212E. But never asked IAP-66. (Hartford, CT)
Of course depending on officer.
If you take lawyer, lawyer will chat with officer about general things and officer will forget.......Good luck.

Thanks Tangonta

I have yet to locate my I-20.
Did the officer ask for anything related to EB1 I-140 petition. Also did they ask for anything that you had sent for I-485.
My letter just asks for EVL. The other things are there in the letter but they are not highlighted.

ag28 said:
Did the officer ask for anything related to EB1 I-140 petition. Also did they ask for anything that you had sent for I-485.
My letter just asks for EVL. The other things are there in the letter but they are not highlighted.

No officer did not ask about EB-1 I-140 case but asked (just confirm) about withdrew EB2-NIW I-140 case.
He confirmed only one kid. And asked old employer name. (just confirmation purpose).
I gave EVL, TAX, EAD (ALL), AP(ALL), I-94 and copy of drivers license, copy of PP (front page, even officer has my PP in hand).
VSC sent RFE (about 212E) before. Officer looked REF (blue color paper?) and checked answer. I just attached copy of "advisory opinion" from DOS but officer did not ask original. Ibring any possible paper but did not ask all.

ag28,

would you like pls. tell what EVL stands for. Also, can you post the key date of your case. Is your I140 NIW case??

thanks
ag28 said: