URGENT HELP: 1-485 approved

gc_eb1ea

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

My wife's and mine 485s were approved today (May 13) and I got "Card production ordered" email. Now this is the situation:

1. My wife left for India on April 17th.
2. I am planning to leave for India on May 17th.

What can I do now? I cannot leave unless I receive the card. What are my options here? How long does it take to get the card after "Card production" email?

I have taken an Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamped on my passport. But, my wife can still enter on her valid AP, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
As I just told you by email, I got the green card in my mail box 7 days after the email announcing "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident."

Aloha,
Chris

Yes, both these steps are good enough. Now relax.:D
Congrats, btw.

I went for my InfoPass appointment today and they told me that they have no record of my approval. They said that their system shows that my case is still pending. I showed them my email but they said unless their system shows approved status they cannot do anything.

In the meantime, I received the "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" email as well. I already got the "Card Production Ordered" email in the morning. I am pretty sure this is an approval. I am not sure why InfoPass folks don't see it. I have taken an appointment for tomorrow morning again.

Two questions:

1. They said I could use my valid AP, so I should not be worried even if the GC is actually approved. This was said by both the InfoPass guy as well as the USCIS customer service. Is that right?

2. If I leave for India in 3 days (without the GC or the I-551 stamp) and try to enter on my valid AP, will there be problem?

Thanks.

You should be able to enter using AP. It is okay - if you are really in doubt you should contact the attorney or reschedule your travel.

Congrats. ou will get your GC in 7 days after receiving card production e-mail. This has happened in my case. Why dont you postpone your visit 3-4 days and take physical card with you and both of you can enter US without any hassle.

Good luck. Consult your attorney to see if AP is still valid (I dont think so)

Congrats. ou will get your GC in 7 days after receiving card production e-mail. This has happened in my case. Why dont you postpone your visit 3-4 days and take physical card with you and both of you can enter US without any hassle.

Good luck. Consult your attorney to see if AP is still valid (I dont think so)

If I had not checked the status online, I would not have known that it is approved. I have not received anything in writing from USCIS (and will probably not receive until I leave this weekend). So, technically, I can assume that my case is still pending. When I enter next month, I will show them my valid AP and they can decide to parole me back or grant me LPR status. Does this sound reasonable?

Yes it sounds reasonable - I think you are worrying too much about this. Have a comfortable trip.

Hi Folks,

My wife's and mine 485s were approved today (May 13) and I got "Card production ordered" email. Now this is the situation:

1. My wife left for India on April 17th.
2. I am planning to leave for India on May 17th.

What can I do now? I cannot leave unless I receive the card. What are my options here? How long does it take to get the card after "Card production" email?

I have taken an Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamped on my passport. But, my wife can still enter on her valid AP, right?

Do not sweat too much. Give your mailbox key to one of your friend and he can fedex your cars in India.

I am not sure it is legal to mail the cards out of the country.

Yes, mailing cards is a federal violation.

I spoke to my lawyer and he asked me to enter using my valid AP. I will tell the officer at the port of entry that before I left I never received any documents (that is the truth, btw) so I had no way of knowing if 485 was approved or not. They can then enter me as a LPR because they will see me as approved in their system. My lawyer said there is nothing to worry about and he knows of many similar cases. Hope he is right :)

Guys,

I went for InfoPass again today and they stamped I-551 on my passport. So, I am all set now. Thanks a ton for your help.

Guys,

I went for InfoPass again today and they stamped I-551 on my passport. So, I am all set now. Thanks a ton for your help.

I've the very similar case. Can you please mail me your number of email address to my email vardhan_svatyahoodotcom

Thanks a ton
Vardhan