Urgent & complicated - Labor Substitution

mvnm00

Registered Users (C)
I have a typical case and thought of sharing with all the experienced Immigration Gurus.
My company had a pre approved labor. This approved in 2001. The attorney's office was part of world trade center tragedy (9/11) and due to this all paper work for the approved labor was lost except for approved labor document (1page) that has alien's name, company name, file# and alien's occupation etc...
Last year the labor was used as substitue for one employee 'A'. This emloyee's I-140 was approved recently. He filed with the only available pre approved labor document and then his own education documents and his 140 got approved. However he didnot file his I-485. For some reasons he left the company. Now my company said i can use this Labor. I took all the I-140 documentation of 'A' to a new attorney. He has seen everything and he says that he is not comfortable for substitution bcoz of the missing ETA 750A & ETA-750B forms.
The Attorney is not at all comfortable in filing for I-140 without seeing the profile of the Approved Labor document as he says, after filing for 140, if for some reason 140 gets denied or RFE then i will be at loss. I agree with him
He doesnot have a profile to match and compare except for the approved labor document from NY DOL. Now iam already in 7th year extension and i badly need it.

1. Can i request DOL for the copies of ETA-750A & ETA-750B of the pre approved Labor and mention them that the documents were destroyed in the WTC tragedy?
2. Can i use the profile and skillsets of employee 'A' whose 140 was approved to match mine and use it to file for 140? What are the chances of approval / rejection?
3. can i use the approved I-140 of 'A' as substitue for myself and file for I-485? One of friend said this is possible but i never heard of I-140 substitution...
4. What are my other options, if any?

Please give me your valuable opinions.

Thanks
MM

Thanks for the opinion

Thank you so much for your suggestion. My Attorney has said the same thing to revoke the I-140 and request the person's file under FOIA. I shall let my company know about this.

Do you how much time it might take for USCIS to get back with Labor documents.

In the meantime do you think it makes sense start preparing the documents for my I-140 filing like medical records, exp letters etc...

TIA
MM

1. Use FOIA to get ETA 750 A and B.

2. Check the skillset/experience/salary on ETA 750 A and B first. You will know how good it matches you!

3. Not possible.

4. Find out more.

mvnm00 said:
Thank you so much for your suggestion. My Attorney has said the same thing to revoke the I-140 and request the person's file under FOIA. I shall let my company know about this.

Do you how much time it might take for USCIS to get back with Labor documents.

In the meantime do you think it makes sense start preparing the documents for my I-140 filing like medical records, exp letters etc...

TIA
MM
Usually FOIA is done in 30-120 days for DOL.

unitednations said:
Good point jharkhandi. Do FOIA on 140 and DOL. That way you will have the possibility of getting answer faster.

Guess we could have done without your agreement here UN - spare me please. :rolleyes:

unitednations said:
Good point jharkhandi. Do FOIA on 140 and DOL. That way you will have the possibility of getting answer faster.
UnitedNations,
Good point jharkhandi. Do FOIA on 140 and DOL. That way you will have the possibility of getting answer faster...
I didnot understand what your were trying to say here. Could you please be elobarate here.

Thanks
MM