URGENT: Change of status from F1 to H1B in the U.S.A

yasemin1971

Registered Users (C)
I am student in the U.S.A, I applied for H1B visa, and it got approved on May 29. I applied to change of my status from F1 to H1B on June 25, Vermont received the application on June 28. I still haven't received anything yet.

It is very urgent. Is that anyone got their change of statues rececently. I wonder which days are they processing right now. Shall I apply to premium prossesing??

Response

Was your H1 "approved"? If its approved, then you should be in H1 status from October 1 already. Its a single step going from F1 to H1. Its not that they approve the H1 and then you apply for change of status. I think you meant to say your application receipt was accepted and you are now waiting for H1 approval. There are others who were in F1 status in April who have not received H1 yet.

Hi

My H1B got approved. However, when we applied , my lawyer applied for counselor processing which means If I got approved, I had to go to my country to get a stamp. Then my lawyer send change of my statues instead of going back to my country to get a stamp. Basiclly, I am waiting my I-94 from immigration. Instead of go back to my country and get it in my way back to the U.S.A

Yasemin

So you are waiting for your I-94, not H1.
Sorry, can't help you there. There are people still waiting for H1 and they applied in April.

Hi

No I m not waiting for I-94. If they will axcept my change of status in the U.S.A, they will send me I-94 so I don't need to go to my country. However, I still haven't gotten change of status from F1 to H1B without leaving the country yet. My question is is there anybody like me applied for change of status and waiting.

I am on F1 visa and have applied for H1 which I have not received yet. But once I get it, I am not supposed to do "change of status" to work. I am not sure what you are doing. Even if you do "change of status" you will still need a visa stamp to enter this country after you leave it.

If you have valid F1 visa and then you get H1 "status"- ie H1 visa approved in the US while you are in valid F1 status, you can work on that H1 visa. You are immediately in H1 status (No need to do a formal change of status from F1 to H1). There are 1000s of international students who came to the US on F1 visa, got their H1 visa and they were in H1 status. Not sure what you mean by counselor processing. Seems like a very rare case to me.

You say "However, I still haven't gotten change of status from F1 to H1B without leaving the country yet." which didn't make sense.

The moment you get your H1, you just send a copy to your school which maintains your F1 documents and you are all set.

If you applied for H1 when you were on F1, then that was a "change of status" application and since you said you already have H1 approved, you ARE in H1 status.