URGENT!! : B2 ->> H1B -->Lokking for First time H1B Stamping

apachemono

Registered Users (C)
URGENT!! : B2 ->> H1B -->Looking for First time H1B Stamping

Hello friends,

I am looking for some experience/suggestions in this post. I have seen some great postings here which are of great help to other people in similar situations. I am also hoping the same.
My situation is that I came to US on B2 3 years back from Australia. I got B2 changed to H1B here and changed it multiple times since then. I am looking to goto India in the first quartre of 2007 which means that I will have to get the H1B stamped. Is Canada advisable for stamping or New-Delhi?

Any expert suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all you guys who make impact in other fellow humans' lives.

God Bless!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is not exactly similar to yours. But ill tell you my exp from what its worth.

I came to US on B2 from India and changed within US to F1. I completed my Bachelors and Masters degree from US and never left the country during that time. After completing my Masters I changed from F1 to H1 b.

After 2 yrs on H1 (so around 9 yrs from when I first changed from B2 to H1) I went to the US Consulate in Toronto, Canada and got my H1B visa stamp.

They asked me if I had entered the country on B2 and I said yes. They asked me if I had completed my studies and they approved my H1 visa.