Update on my son's case

GC soon

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I am writing the following details in case they are useful to some one.

You all know that our cases except for our 14 year old son's were approved on March 30th,2005.

Our son turned 14 on the same day we were approved.

I called USCIS and talked to an officer at TSC directly on March 31st. I informed him that our son's case is seperated and would like to follow up on this.

He looked into the computer and said they did not make a decision on his case yet and will make an inquiry for this. He assured me that I will get a notification with in 30 days.

Then I talked to my attorney who advised me to take our son along with us when we go for stamping and try to get him finger printed at the local Tampa USCIS office.

Yesterday we all went and got our stamping done. We requested that our 14 year old be finger printed at the same time.

The officer was very nice who consulted with his supervisor. Supervisor was very nice and informed that he allowed that until a few weeks but TSC rejected these finger prints saying that they do not coordinate with their computers. These finger prints are done manually and TSC wants them done electronically.

We now have to wait for the notice or decision from TSC for our son.

I do not know if this helps in any way but I thought I will share it with you all.

Fortunately this will not make much of a difference to us exept for our travel plans to India which are flexible at this time.

GC soon
I 485 ND June 6th,2002
AD March 30th,2005
Waiting for AD for 14 year old son.

Your son may run into another problem

Your son needs to do name check above 14. My son has the same problem. He was above 14 when we got approved last November. We checked with the TSC offer who processed our case. He told us he was waiting for the result of my son's name check. I checked with FBI. FBI reply was my son didn't need name check under 14. Then I knew TSC didn't send my son's name check request to FBI at all. I worked with senators and congressmen and finally made TSC send my son's name check request to FBI in Feburary, 2005. Now his name check is pending. Nobody knows how long my son will wait for the approval.

Anyone above 14 must have the name check result to get approved. Check it with the officer. Good luck.

Don