Update on my case

foreverafter

Registered Users (C)
After a lot of phone calls, info passes and finally congressional intervention, today I received a letter from My congress man in reply to his inquiry on my case, here is what the USCIS replied: -

Quote: -

PLEASE BE ADVISED YOUR CONSTITUENT'S CASE IS CURRENTLY UNDER SUPERVISORY REVIEW. UPON COMPLETION OF REVIEW, THE CASE WILL BE ADJUDICATED ACCORDINGLY.

Unquote.

My question is that , isn't true that if the back ground check is pending , the reply from USCIS would have mentiond that?

On all the effort I did , I was told that all my background checks are complete and that my file is waiting for a review.

What do you all think and make of this reply, does that mean, all the background checks are done and that the only thing left is a review from the "Supervisor"?

Please post your thoughts and ideas; I am really frustrated, even thinking of filing a lawsuit.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got something like that from my congressman's aid. So, I hit the web, found one of my senators web sites and got them involved.

What I actually got back from the congressman's office was something along the lines of:

Reply from congressman's aid said:
I've investigated your case, talked to the USCIS and found that yes, your interview as descheduled because of a paperwork mis-routing, no, there are no name or other "check" issues precluding your naturalization, and now your case is now in the normal processing queue. However there are "thousands" of cases ahead of you and the USCIS cannot say when your case will be processed.

Yes, she said "thousands"

So, I got my senator's office involved. My interview letter was mailed the day my senator's aid contacted the local DO. I was *very* nice when I talked to the aid, both before and after the USCIS contact was made (it took about 2 weeks for the aid to get to my file - I phoned only once (after about 10 days) to "make sure that I hadn't done something wrong".

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.

foreverafter said:
After a lot of phone calls, info passes and finally congressional intervention, today I received a letter from My congress man in reply to his inquiry on my case, here is what the USCIS replied: -

Quote: -

PLEASE BE ADVISED YOUR CONSTITUENT'S CASE IS CURRENTLY UNDER SUPERVISORY REVIEW. UPON COMPLETION OF REVIEW, THE CASE WILL BE ADJUDICATED ACCORDINGLY.

Unquote.

My question is that , isn't true that if the back ground check is pending , the reply from USCIS would have mentiond that?

On all the effort I did , I was told that all my background checks are complete and that my file is waiting for a review.

What do you all think and make of this reply, does that mean, all the background checks are done and that the only thing left is a review from the "Supervisor"?

Please post your thoughts and ideas; I am really frustrated, even thinking of filing a lawsuit.

Thank you.
It is hard to tell. Schedule an InfoPass and you can find out whether your Name Check cleared. You can call FBI to find out whether your FP cleared.

Thanks flydog , N400applier

I did spoke to the IIO and I was told that my background check was done somewhere in April 2006 and the result came from " 8 " agencies with no results.

If there is any background checks pending , wouldn't be appropriate to reply to the congress man that this checks are pending , i.s.o saying that it is under supervisory review?

Is my interpretation meaningful?

first of all big good luck to you

i just read your concerns...your frustration is completly understandable but the problem is who is understanding ? in terms of finding a concrete solution ....
it really is a bad luck, i personally believe that every problem has a solution , a law suit might be inevidable against uscis , i can not advice you anything about this cause,i do not have any experience in this field...

i think if i was you i would wait little longer(a few months) and then get an info pass . go talk to uscis officer face to face and explain everything straight up .... and
if that doen't help hire an atorney to finalize this nonsense..
let me know the outcome
good luck

murat
turk 75

Please everyone out there, I am sure some of you must have received this kind of notices from your congress man or senator e.t.c , What is your interpretation to this reply ?

Is back ground checks an issue in this reply?

Thank you.

foreverafter said:
Please everyone out there, I am sure some of you must have received this kind of notices from your congress man or senator e.t.c , What is your interpretation to this reply ?

Is back ground checks an issue in this reply?

Thank you.
You are such a brave and patient person. I would have sued long time ago if I were you. Good luck