update on 485 pending

ohasylee99

Registered Users (C)
Hi, guys
I just found my case got updated to 6/22/05.
Approved 03/2001
Finger Print 05/2004
But no email , no further info. Looks like USCIS keep going. Good luck to all Asylee!

How interesting! My online LUD was updated today, too, although message is still the same as before.

ND: Jan. 2001
RD: Jan. 2001
FP: May. 2004

What do you exactly mean "updated"?
What specific updated messages/info did you get?

ohasylee99 said:
Hi, guys
I just found my case got updated to 6/22/05.
Approved 03/2001
Finger Print 05/2004
But no email , no further info. Looks like USCIS keep going. Good luck to all Asylee!

Calm down

My ND is 04/02/01 and my case was looked at today as well.
My guess is they are finally getting around to entering the fingerprints results. I think people who were sent FP notice last year, now their accounts are being updated. The reason I say that is because when I talked to FBI few months ago, they told me that my FP results were sent back to USCIS the very next day. This is the first time they updated the date after they sent me FP notice.
Now here is my other wild guess and this one is pretty optimistic. I think USCIS might be holding out on the approval and getting things ready to approve. Now that Ngwanyia Ashcroft settlement has been finalized, they will flood us with approvals so that they can get credit towards the extra 8000 applications that they have to approve in this FY. If that is the case, we should see a huge jump in the processing dates at the end of June.
Thanks

Punjabi_Munda said:
My ND is 04/02/01 and my case was looked at today as well.
My guess is they are finally getting around to entering the fingerprints results. I think people who were sent FP notice last year, now their accounts are being updated. The reason I say that is because when I talked to FBI few months ago, they told me that my FP results were sent back to USCIS the very next day. This is the first time they updated the date after they sent me FP notice.
Now here is my other wild guess and this one is pretty optimistic. I think USCIS might be holding out on the approval and getting things ready to approve. Now that Ngwanyia Ashcroft settlement has been finalized, they will flood us with approvals so that they can get credit towards the extra 8000 applications that they have to approve in this FY. If that is the case, we should see a huge jump in the processing dates at the end of June.
Thanks

As They say Punjabi Munda, Twadey Mun wich Ghee Shakar...!!

Guys,

You are all correct, there has been some kind of progress made to my case as well. Just checked the status and it has 6-22-05 update, without any specific detail.

Now, I am thinking about what are the possibilities of CIS proceeding with approvals. Since my FP, was done on May 6, 04 they have (15 month) till Aug 5, 05 to move forward.

If, I get any notice from them before, Aug 5,05 I am good. Or I'll have to go through FP again and the same would be for the rest of the forum. I have my fingers crossed.

Regards,
MK

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the "date"?

In my account, there is only one line "06-22-2005 03:48 PM EDT" at the bottom of the web page. That is the current date and time and means nothing.

What did you guys see?

free100 said:
The date has been changed. Meaning someone looked at the case or probably the website.

If you login to the case Status online search and look at your portfolio. You will see a column " Last Updated" Below it, you will see the date a USCIS staff last checked your case.

sadasylee said:
Where is the "date"?

In my account, there is only one line "06-22-2005 03:48 PM EDT" at the bottom of the web page. That is the current date and time and means nothing.

What did you guys see?

You can also read the foot notes at the bottom of the Portfolio page: It reads:

"* Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message. "