Ungrent Help on H1 Transfer from Exepmt to Non Exempt

jprangi

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am on H1 in University X, and now I have an offer from Company Y. University H1 quota is exempt from Quota. So transferring to Company Y will be counted in H1 Quota. Yes, as every one know that there is no quota until Oct.
Fortunately I have MS from US and company Y is filing under 20000 Quota for MS/PHD from US University. Also as I need to start immediately they are filing under premium processing. Which should not take more than 2 weeks? Correct me if I am wrong.
Does any one know how long exactly it takes under premium processing.
Now how soon can I join Company Y, since it is H1 transfer I can join as soon as I get the receipt number? But Also I am confused that since it is coming from new quota i,e 200o0 MS/PHD, do I need to wait for the H1 approval, before I start working form company Y.
Please Reply soon, what you know or think on this.
Thank You,

jprangi said:
Hello,
I am on H1 in University X, and now I have an offer from Company Y. University H1 quota is exempt from Quota. So transferring to Company Y will be counted in H1 Quota. Yes, as every one know that there is no quota until Oct.
Fortunately I have MS from US and company Y is filing under 20000 Quota for MS/PHD from US University. Also as I need to start immediately they are filing under premium processing. Which should not take more than 2 weeks? Correct me if I am wrong.
Does any one know how long exactly it takes under premium processing.
Now how soon can I join Company Y, since it is H1 transfer I can join as soon as I get the receipt number? But Also I am confused that since it is coming from new quota i,e 200o0 MS/PHD, do I need to wait for the H1 approval, before I start working form company Y.
Please Reply soon, what you know or think on this.
Thank You,

Which service center.?

Since you are transfering H1 to H1, with no start date restriction category, you can join after getting the H1 receipt notice.

Thank You For Responding Guru,
It is Calofornia Service Center,

Even though it is new application for H1 from 20000 Non Exempt Category...

jprangi said:
Thank You For Responding Guru,
It is Calofornia Service Center,

Even though it is new application for H1 from 20000 Non Exempt Category...
I kow, Still Y 2005 quota is available, so no start date restrictions

GURU your information definitely is very helpfull.
on more question,
So in this case what happen to my existing H1 with the university. Is it still valid or not. Once I join the company upon receipt of H1, at that time do I have one H1 (Only new one from 20K Quota) or I have two. One from exempt cat (for University) and One for the Company Though the application is still pending.
Can I work for both company and University. I am requested to help the University for appox one month by the time the University gets new one in place of me. Is that leagal or possible.

Thank You,

jprangi said:
GURU your information definitely is very helpfull.
on more question,
So in this case what happen to my existing H1 with the university. Is it still valid or not. Once I join the company upon receipt of H1, at that time do I have one H1 (Only new one from 20K Quota) or I have two. One from exempt cat (for University) and One for the Company Though the application is still pending.
Can I work for both company and University. I am requested to help the University for appox one month by the time the University gets new one in place of me. Is that leagal or possible.

At the time of company h1 processing you are hope to get one. BAsed on that you are working with company. If company h1 at any case got rejected you can continue to work with University H1. At any time you can have only one H1 unless you applied for concurrent H1 and got it approved.

Thank You,