• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Unfortunate, Advice needed, please

jahake80

Registered Users (C)
Hallo everybody,
I have made a silly mistake that I still cant figure out how I made.I won DV2008, i got my NL in april and happily filled the forms and sent them, I called KCC today to ask them whether thay received my forms, they asked me my case number and date of birth, I told them my date of birth as it appears on my passport just to be told that it isnt the date of birth they have in their records.that means that the date of birth I filled on DS-122 does not match the date of birth i put on the DV2008 forms over the internet.I think I interchanged day and month though i am not sure. I know there are lots of you who are experienced enough to give me their sincere advice.i am now at point of giving up, please help....

Thank you Lucy MO,
i'm sort of in a strange situation, i have been looking for a person who shared my situation from the previous threads but in vain.Do you think they will question me as to why i did such a terrible mistake in the first place doubting that i'm actually the true winner of the DV.if yes, what do you think should be my appropriate response.
thanx again....

I understand your position very well. But, it is difficult to estimate about their reaction in case of mistake on date of birth. You must have interchanged the day and month, as you said.

Here is the mail from KCC on similiar mistake but not birthday, interchanging first and middle name.

KCC does not have the ability to retrieve or correct the data that was provided on the original entry to the lottery.

Please complete the forms DS 230 Part I, DS 230 Part II, and DSP 122 with the correct information. Once received at KCC, the information will be included in your case file for review.

So, once they received your forms with the correct date of birth they will edit your files but cannot change the original entry.

Thank you Lucy MO,
i'm sort of in a strange situation, i have been looking for a person who shared my situation from the previous threads but in vain.Do you think they will question me as to why i did such a terrible mistake in the first place doubting that i'm actually the true winner of the DV.if yes, what do you think should be my appropriate response.
thanx again....

Yes Dragoman, thats the only i might have made that mistake.i am really stressed, in a bridge between hope and despair
i wonder whether this can be a reason for my absolute desqualification.
Did that person you are talking about call KCC to explain the issue or he just wrote them e-mail.
Do you have any website where i can get reasons that can desqualify a DV winner?
appreciated...

I really dont know if any website where the reasons and cases of disqualification are shown, even I am not sure if any.

The said person called KCC and got same response that KCC will edit the case files but due to security reasons it is impossible to change original entry. And she has sent the forms along with a letter explaning the reason of the mistake as they dont have first and middle name classification in native country.

About your case, send an email or letter by fax (do not forget to indicate your case number and true date of birth) explaning the situation and wait for your interview. I know that waiting will be quite disturbing.

Maybe somebody here will answer: is there any case? what happen if the winner will be disqualified by KCC before interview ? Does KCC send a notification letter to the winner..? Or just KCC is not sending 2nd package to the winner in case of disqualification?

Yes Dragoman, thats the only i might have made that mistake.i am really stressed, in a bridge between hope and despair
i wonder whether this can be a reason for my absolute desqualification.
Did that person you are talking about call KCC to explain the issue or he just wrote them e-mail.
Do you have any website where i can get reasons that can desqualify a DV winner?
appreciated...

is there any case?
yes, but in that case the country of eligibility was wrong.

what happen if the winner will be disqualified by KCC before interview ?
when that person called KCC about his interview date, they told him he was disqualified.

yes, but in that case the country of eligibility was wrong.

when that person called KCC about his interview date, they told him he was disqualified.

Is it DV 2008 case..?

So applicants will be able to learn that he/she is disqualified only if they will call KCC?

Thank you guys,
I have written a mail to kCC explaining the matter to them.
I dont know how the respnse will be.The truth is that, If this is a reason for my disqualification, I think it is better I learn it as son as possible because my number is will be curent around November, december and I live in a foreign country now.I was planing to go to several countries t get police certficates and incur some other expences.I dont want to do that if I will automatically be disqualified.

Thank you Loulaa
I wrote KCC a mail today.
Hope I will find my way out.
I will let you guys informed, in case someone falls in to my situation i the future....

Could you please share with us response from KCC that you will receive.

Thank you Loulaa
I wrote KCC a mail today.
Hope I will find my way out.
I will let you guys informed, in case someone falls in to my situation i the future....

Is it DV 2008 case..?

So applicants will be able to learn that he/she is disqualified only if they will call KCC?

no, that was two years ago. He called them to get an interview date, since he didn't yet receive the second package.

Definately Dragoman, I will let you know their response as soon as i get their mail.lets hope for the best

I called KCC yesterday, they told me the will process my case normally and the decision will be made by the immigration officer at the embssy.
good luck to all....

I called KCC yesterday, they told me the will process my case normally and the decision will be made by the immigration officer at the embssy.
good luck to all....

I thought so...
I think the mistake you made is just a mistake anybody can make, it is forseeable, whereas putting the wrong country of eligibility is totally different thing: they warn you in the intructions about being disqualified for that.
You should be fine. :)
Good luck!

Thank you Anahit,
İts luck man, I won the DV by luck and today I believe that if I get the visa it will be luck again.lets see, time will tell....

Let's imagine once again, your photos on your forms and original entry are the same. All information provided by you during original entry is the same as on the forms except date of birth, so it is easy to be convinced that you are the same person who made original entry.

Thank you Anahit,
İts luck man, I won the DV by luck and today I believe that if I get the visa it will be luck again.lets see, time will tell....

Exactly dragoman, of course my photographs are the same.in fact i still have the photographs in case they ask for it.the rest of the information is the same, Only the date of birth is the hectic staff here.Common sense tells you it isn't difficult to conclude I am the same person who made the first entry, but I was told that this people have strict rules and regulations that govern them and depending on the officer that interviews you that day, YOU MAY STILL BE DENIED a visa for such a trivial matter

They cannot change the original entry that you made through internet, but they can edit your datas in case of your mistake is simple.

Your case is different, you made a mistake on DS-230 form, so you can change it or add information at the beginning of the interview. I forgot also to put the name of the person who is living currently at the permanent address, I am going to mention that at the interview.

All the best..

Hi everyone!

I made a mistake in my DS-230 application form (forgot to put one of my employers name and employment). Then I sent in my applications for the second time and KCC officer told me that they would register the latest application received. Also I read in this thread that they keep original entries for security purposes. Does this apply for DS-230 forms as well, or only the GC application entered on the internet before we even won? I will really really appreciate your answer!

Thank you!
A.