unborn child and teh I-129F

phil83

Hey everyone, I just need some general advice on a specific issue with the I-129F. I have looked everywhere and can not find an answer to this question. As with most people on here we want to submit and process our forms as quick as possible. We have an unborn child who is due to arrive late January early February. I am aware that our child can come on a K2 visa when his mother is approved for a K1 visa. As we want to submit our I-129F form this month if possible we need to know: Do we mention the unborn child on the I129F form under children of Alien Fiance or leave it Blank as there is no child yet. If we leave it blank will this stop us from getting a k2 Visa when we apply at the Embassy for the K1. Does the child NEED to be on the I129f in order to be eligible for a K2 visa and if so can we put the expected child on the form.

Are you a US citizen? How did you become a citizen?
If you are a US citizen by birth, then the child will be born a US citizen and can not get a visa....instead the child will need a US passport to enter the US.

Report the child's birth to the embassy as soon as possible when it is born, and the child will be issued with a passport and a social security number.

I'm not entirely sure how it works if youre a naturalised citizen- you may have needed to live in the in US for x amount of years before citizenship can be passed down to a child....though I am not confident enough in this to give accurate advise in this area.

If you fathered the child and you fulfill the physical presence requirements, the child will be born a US citizen.

Does the child NEED to be on the I129f in order to be eligible for a K2 visa and if so can we put the expected child on the form.

Yea, the issue is that I do not think I can show that I meet the presecence requiremnts. I am the father. I can show that I have been in the states two years since 14, but not consecutivly. Its more like a month at a time over several years. So I have been thinking the K2 may be the only way.

Naturalized or born US citizen, either way your child will be born US citizen. You will have to obtain a certificate of birth for your child or a passport. Contact the US consulate.