(Un)Preparing for Removal of Conditions?

silvermug

Registered Users (C)
I guess it is more helpful if the background is provided. So, here’s my story.

I came to the US on F1 in 2006. Stayed on campus for 9 months and continued the rest of the courses on distance education while working full time on CPT. Got my MS degree in 2009.
Met my husband mid of 2009 here in Buffalo. I was working as a software developer and he, as a legal courier. Our offices were both downtown, but we actually met in a pizza place near our apartments. Turned out we’re neighbors.
After almost a year of dating, we got engaged. And in Sept 2010, we got married at the city hall.
I got my conditional green card in December 2010 from the Buffalo USCIS office.

Other facts:
-We are both 30 years old.
-I’m from Philippines.
-He is now working as a paralegal and I transferred to a state-owned university as a developer. I, however, still earn significantly more than he does. Almost twice.
-He has student loans and I do not have much financial obligations.
-We did NOT have an engagement party.
-We did NOT have a traditional wedding ceremony here in the US or in my home country. We just went to the city hall with his immediate family members, and took our vows. There are pictures. This was for practical/economical reasons.

Building a life together:
-We bought a house.
-He is in my life insurance, I am in his.
-He is my dependent on my health insurance.
-We have our own cars. He is included in my policy and I am included in his.
-We have prepaid mobile plans, so there is no “shared” stuff there.
-The utility bills, such as heat, electric, water – I tried, but they say they can only accommodate one name on the records. So, they are all under my husband’s name. So these won’t help us????
-Our driver’s licenses have our new home address.
-We have shared checking and savings accounts.
-We have a couple of shared credit card accounts from different bank companies.
-We went to Jamaica for four days, summer of 2011. And some summer road trip to Erie, PA. There are pictures.
-We have jointly signed contracts with the contractors for the house improvements we did.
-We do not have a kid, yet. Not quite there.

Now to the real story:
Most of those will go away. My husband wants to move to NYC.
-We would have to sell the house. The title and the mortgage will be affected. Utility bills will be affected.
-We would have to change employers. Life insurance, health insurance will be affected.
-When the time for my removal of conditions come, we won’t be processed in the Buffalo office anymore.

My questions are:
-Since we are making kinda big changes in our life, can I still use them as proof? Or will they not have any bearing since they will be in the past, by the time I apply to remove my conditions?
-Will the move/relocation affect my immigration status? If so, how? Do I need to inform USCIS that, “Hey! We’re moving… and we are starting from scratch wherever we’re going!”
-If, by chance, by the time I apply to remove my conditions, I have a job and my husband does not OR the other way around – What are the implications?
-Is the NYC office stricter? What are the chances that we will be interviewed?

Ok, sorry for the long story. Thanks in advance for the replies, and suggestions to make the Removal of Conditions smoother would be much appreciated!

The history helps and cannot be changed.

When you move, file an AR-11 and/or change address online. He may need to file an I-865 unless you filed an I-864W.

When you move, you will have a new lease, rental agreement, mortgage, and new DL's with new SAME addresses, right? You should still have certain shared assets and liabilities (accounts and cards). New jobs may lead to new health coverage but it may still be shared?

Unless you two are moving to two different places, it should not be a problem. Don't overthink it but don't overlook the obvious either.

The immigration laws are federal, the people will be different at the other office but that's all.

Thanks for your reply.

The history helps and cannot be changed.

When you move, file an AR-11 and/or change address online. He may need to file an I-865 unless you filed an I-864W.
Ok, I don't know what these are, but I will check on these. We dumped the paperwork to the lawyer, but will check these.

When you move, you will have a new lease, rental agreement, mortgage, and new DL's with new SAME addresses, right? You should still have certain shared assets and liabilities (accounts and cards). New jobs may lead to new health coverage but it may still be shared?
Yes, we will likely not have mortgage, but we will have a new lease and DLs. So, does this mean that the old docs can not be used as additional proof that we shared more stuff in our prior life? Are they only concerned of what we currently share, of where we currently live?

Unless you two are moving to two different places, it should not be a problem. Don't overthink it but don't overlook the obvious either.
Ok...

The immigration laws are federal, the people will be different at the other office but that's all.
What do you think are the chances that we will be interviewed? Will it have any adverse effect if the GC holder is employed and the USC is not, at the time of Conditions Removal?

You are required to meet the "preponderance of the evidence" burden of proof which means "more likely than not" or "probably" true with 51% or more in your favor. Many conditions are removed without any need for an interview based on the "totality of the circumstances" and an individualized assessment of the evidence presented in each case.

You look OK.

You are required to meet the "preponderance of the evidence" burden of proof which means "more likely than not" or "probably" true with 51% or more in your favor. Many conditions are removed without any need for an interview based on the "totality of the circumstances" and an individualized assessment of the evidence presented in each case.

You look OK.
I'm sorry, what does that "prepon....burden... proof" mean? I have the impression that that USC should be able to financially support the green card holder. And if my husband does not have work at that time (which I hope won't be the case!!!)... is that a trouble?

Sorry to be insistent about this.

I agree with BigJoe5....you will not have problem removing your condition, sponsor need mostly to sign only. As far as I know I lived in New York for 28 years...Yes in NY,NY IO are very strict , but there is not going to be anything different than somwher else.
Just curios usualy peeps move from New York,NY to somwher else. Never heard that sombody sold house and everything and moved to NY,NY Are you guys moving in NYC 5 borows (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx ,Younkers,) ore up state NY , LI NY . I dont know are you aware that NY is triple more expensive (and higher pay also) including rent, mortgages, car insurence , and everything else .Only your car insurance will cost you probably around $3000 in Long Island ,and in upstate ,and if you move in NY 5 borows it will cost you probably $6000 ore much more . by some statistics 5000 familis moves from NY state a year, I dont know how much moves in . All I know is that NYC is only one state and city that I can live. I am sorry I am not judging you I was just wondering .:) Any way good luck to you guys.:cool:

I agree with BigJoe5....you will not have problem removing your condition, sponsor need mostly to sign only. As far as I know I lived in New York for 28 years...Yes in NY,NY IO are very strict , but there is not going to be anything different than somwher else.
Just curios usualy peeps move from New York,NY to somwher else. Never heard that sombody sold house and everything and moved to NY,NY Are you guys moving in NYC 5 borows (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx ,Younkers,) ore up state NY , LI NY . I dont know are you aware that NY is triple more expensive (and higher pay also) including rent, mortgages, car insurence , and everything else .Only your car insurance will cost you probably around $3000 in Long Island ,and in upstate ,and if you move in NY 5 borows it will cost you probably $6000 ore much more . by some statistics 5000 familis moves from NY state a year, I dont know how much moves in . All I know is that NYC is only one state and city that I can live. I am sorry I am not judging you I was just wondering .:) Any way good luck to you guys.:cool:
Haha, no worries; that's fine. Yeah, I understand what you're saying. And yes, many things are much more expensive there. But there are other things we are considering. Thanks for your reply.