UK Visitor Visa

sanksin77

Registered Users (C)
Hi forum,

Can anybody tell me the processing time for Visitor visa these days?
UK consulate (LA) received my application last Friday (05/22/2009); when should I expect the receipt/approval email from them.

Based on the information provided on their website, it should be a straight forward case and therefore, they should process it in a day or so.
Am I correct?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,
Sanksin

Yes, sometimes they do it quickly and sometimes they can take time too, its not in our hands.

Is still you did not recieve by now, give them a call, hope you got your visa and enjoy visiting UK.

As i have already information,
visa limit is six month in the UK,
the question is that status can be changed
for further stay there/

Any one, who personal experience tell me,i am now a days in the united kingdom on visiting visa, i want to change my status aim further stay in the country.
would be gratefull to..

I am very confused and afraid now a days in the United Kingdo
m,because date of my visiting visa's is going to expire but i want to live here more time,pls tell me the legal procedure so that i may stay here more time,whether status can be changed through any procedure?

thanks.

UK visitor visa (family)

Hello,

My parents wants to visit my older brother lives in London. They've US green card but hold Indian passport therefore they need UK visa. My question, is what type of documents are needed in order to get the visa. They don't work (retire), so no source of income in the USA (bank account etc., however my brother will send required sponsors papers. We live in Houston, Texas.

Thank you,

GJ

UK Visa processing time NY

Hello Forum,
Has anyone recently applied for UK visitor visa from NY? What are the processing times?

I applied for UK visa online and mailed my application to NY embassy. The biometrics was done on 17th Nov, and my application reached at the NY address on 18th Nov. I received confirmation email on 23rd Nov saying that the application is being precessed and it will take 5/10 working days. I have to leave for Canada on 2nd Dec. I am very nervous now!!

Can I expect my passport to reach me by wednesday, 2nd Dec?

Please advise.

Questions reqarding documents for UK visitor visa

Hello All,

I need urgent help I have to travel to UK by March 27th and applied online for UK visitor visa I will stay in UK for 2days each time i travel to or from India, I have question about what documents should we send it to UK Counslate

1. Should we need to send Original I-94 along with Passport?
2. Should we need to send original I-797 document?
3. I am going to stay at my friends place, my friend has sent me a sponsor letter - does he need to send me his passport copy?
4. How much bank balance should be there?

Please help me with this.

Thanks