UK Transit VISA question - Pls Help

anupb

Registered Users (C)
I have question on the Direct Airside Transait Visa (DATV) required to trasit thru UK. I am not able to contact British Consulate in New York.

I will be going to Delhi from Boston . I will be at the Heathrow Airport for 3 hrs. My return trip will also require me to stop at Heathrow for 6 hrs.

Now in the form I need to provide below -

1.Which country are you travelling to after UK ?
2.Which country is your final destination ?
3.Date of Arrival in UK ?
4.Date of departure from UK ?

Now for my roundtrip I have two countries for #1, #2 not sure and
two dates for #3 & #4.

What should I put in the above four fields ?

Hi,

I already checked that post brfore starting this thread. I couldn't follow the example. Could you please let me know if I need to fill up the form for BOSTON-->DELHI trip or DELHI-->BOSTON trip?

Thanks

Transit Visa

If you filling online it will collect information for roundtrip.
While going Delhi is your final destination, and on way back Boston is the final destination. It seems you have filled your application halfway, that's the reason you may have got confused, also they do not answere the phone promptly, email is the best.

Going to Delhi
Delhi
Delhi
14-09-2004
14-09-2004.

Hope this helps.

I would fill the answers as below..

Ans: - India

Ans: - India

Ans: Date on which you will be arriving London from US

Ans: Date on which you will be leaving London.

These details should not be a big problem... I guess

Hi,
thanks for your help. I took the printout of the form (VAF3) before doing the online one.After reading your post it sounds to me online will be little different and easier to follow. I will post my questions if I have any problem doing the online one. Another question - my wife just has AP no EAD. Will that be a problem in getting Transit VISA ?

aupb,

I don't think, not having EAD a problem. You can always send a copy of I-485 receipt..

Question on DATV form

Hi,
I saved the online application . For my inward journey ( DELHI-->BOSTON) I need to answer below question

1.Do you have a VISA or residence permit for your destination once you have left UK ? Yes / No

If yes is answered to above question then I have to furnish below details -

(a) VISA or Permit Number
(b) Date & Place of Issue
(c) Date of expiry

My question :- I will be using advanced parole to enter US. What should I answer to question 1 ? If yes then what should be (a) ? Alien Number or Advance Parole receipt number mentioned on Advance parole ( eg. EAC04....) (b) Advance Parole doesn't mention a place of issue...it says Vermont Service Center.....So should it be St. Louis , Vermont ?

Another question - I will be submitting an online application for my wife too...How many times I have to pay the $16 handling fee ?

Last edited by a moderator:
For first question, You need to say "yes" and answers for subsequent questions should be as mentioned ..!!
a) Alien Number
b) Vermont
c) Date

For second question, Handling/postage fee should be only once for both of you, if I remember correctly ..!! I paid only $ 16 for all our four applications for postage.(Fedex)

Best thing would be using "CASHIER CHECK" , I had a problem with their website for creidtcard transaction..!!

Good luck...

Transit Visa

Hi, I'm trying to fill out the online form for transit visa. I'm presently in USA, and planning to go to India for 4 weeks. I have a round trip ticket via U.K.

Questions:
1. In the Inward BOUND SECTION, DO I HAVE TO PUT THE INFORMATION WHILE I ARRIVE UK FROM MIAMI TO GO TO INDIA..?
2. IN THE OUTWARD BOUND, SHOULD I PUT THE INFORMATION WHEN I COME BACK TO UK FROM INDIA TO GO TO USA-MIAMI. ?
3. I'M ON H1 VISA, HOW MUCH FEES DO I HAVE TO PAY? IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE THAT I HAVE TO PAY 56 DOLLARS, BUT DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR POSTAGE AND SO ON $(16).?

4. ALSO IN THE FORM IT SAYS THAT THE I'M MUST DEPART FROM UK ON THE SAME DAY..HOWEVER, WHAT HAPPENS IF THE FLIGHT GETS DELAYED ON AND SO ON?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW AT YOUR EARLIEST...

THANK YOU.

Questions:
1. In the Inward BOUND SECTION, DO I HAVE TO PUT THE INFORMATION WHILE I ARRIVE UK FROM MIAMI TO GO TO INDIA..?

Ans: - no, in is always coming back from where you started

2. IN THE OUTWARD BOUND, SHOULD I PUT THE INFORMATION WHEN I COME BACK TO UK FROM INDIA TO GO TO USA-MIAMI. ?

Ans :- out is Miami to India

3. I'M ON H1 VISA, HOW MUCH FEES DO I HAVE TO PAY? IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE THAT I HAVE TO PAY 56 DOLLARS, BUT DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR POSTAGE AND SO ON $(16).?
Ans - $51 + $16

4. ALSO IN THE FORM IT SAYS THAT THE I'M MUST DEPART FROM UK ON THE SAME DAY..HOWEVER, WHAT HAPPENS IF THE FLIGHT GETS DELAYED ON AND SO ON?
Ans- Don't worry about that.They will issue visa on the spot if that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more question, about transit visa...

In outward bound section they have a question
Question: You stated that you have a visa for the country you are travelling to after the UK...What is the visa or permit number: In this case, since it is in outward section, the country to which I will be going after UK is India, so the visa or permit number will be my passport number ( I have a indian passport).

Also, my sister, just got her green card stamped on her passport, but she does not have the card yet, so will she need a transit visa or the stamp on the passport is valid one.

Lastly, we are going to halt for 3 hours in London, the Airport name is Heathrow, so I guess I won'thave to change the airport hence i won't need visit visa, i need only transit visa..

Please help!

Thanks

MARAIS please reply

Question: You stated that you have a visa for the country you are travelling to after the UK...What is the visa or permit number: In this case, since it is in outward section, the country to which I will be going after UK is India, so the visa or permit number will be my passport number ( I have a indian passport).

Ans : I kept it as No. But that's just me. If they have problem with that after seeing my Indian passport they will call me.

MARAIS what's your take on this ?

Also, my sister, just got her green card stamped on her passport, but she does not have the card yet, so will she need a transit visa or the stamp on the passport is valid one.

Ans : Sorry . I don't know the answer.

Lastly, we are going to halt for 3 hours in London, the Airport name is Heathrow, so I guess I won'thave to change the airport hence i won't need visit visa, i need only transit visa..

Ans : Yes

anupb,

Ans : I kept it as No. But that's just me. If they have problem with that after seeing my Indian passport they will call me.

MARAIS what's your take on this ?

---- I would write N/A (NOT APPLICABLE)