Two jobs after GC, Starting S-Corp while working for GC-sponsored employer

justcuriousaa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I recently got my physical green card. As everyone suggests/advises, I am hoping to stick with my employer(consulting company) for 6 months (from GC issue date).

1) Meanwhile, now that I have GC, can I work for another project(like evenings, early mornings)?

2) It is going to be another 40hr/week job. Is that a problem to do two fulltime jobs at the same time?

3) Right now, I am planning to work both projects through my employer. Will that trigger any issue with USCIS legally and affect my GC?

4) Since, this going to be in addition to my current employment, I am also planning to ( in a month time) work directly with the client for this second project instead of going through my employer. i.e. on 1099?
Is it advisable and legally permissible to do? Will that conflict my intent to work for current employer and trigger any consequence?

5) Also, another thought I have is instead of going on 1099, can I start a S-Corp and directly work with the client for this second project (so I can save some money on taxes)?

6) Will opening an S-Corp and working for current employer at the same time create any issues or concerns?

Please advise.

There are so many things going on in my mind and I do not want to affect my hard-earned GC.
(I have had very bad experiences in all stages of immigration, H-1b, extensions, 140, 485, etc,...)

Appreciate your help.

Power to ya!

If you can handle the stress and have the stamina you can branch out on your own. That's the entrepreneurial spirit that made this country great. One minor concern is the EB-2 classification.

INA 203 (b)

(2) Aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or aliens of exceptional ability. -

(A) In general. - Visas shall be made available, in a number not to exceed 28.6 percent of such worldwide level, plus any visas not required for the classes specified in paragraph (1), to qualified immigrants who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent or who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business, will substantially benefit prospectively the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the United States, an d whose services in the sciences, arts, professions, or business are sought by an employer in the United States. .....

If continuing in the same line of work it's perfectly OK but if your dream is to open a mom-n-pop liquor store in a ghetto then you got problems. :p

The GC legally allows you to work as many additional jobs as you can get.

However, your employer might not agree with your outside jobs and could fire you or even sue you, depending on the laws of your state, the nature of the side jobs and relationship with those clients, and the terms of your employment contract.

The GC legally allows you to work as many additional jobs as you can get.

However, your employer might not agree with your outside jobs and could fire you or even sue you, depending on the laws of your state, the nature of the side jobs and relationship with those clients, and the terms of your employment contract.

Will this affect your N-400 citizenship application? you need to mention both the jobs on the employment section?