Two days till the interview

RareGold

Registered Users (C)
On March 9th I will have my interview at Tampa DO.

I am done with the folders, this forum was a great help to be prepared.
Here is a couple of last questions, please reply with your suggestions:

1. My husband got the employer letter, but no paystubs because the work period from the 16th of the month through the last day of the month will be paid on the 15th of the following month. He has this new job since 2oth February....I don't think to be a problem, but anyway what do you think?

2.I was at our bank where we have the joint checking account asking for a letter when was the account opened and then converted to joint.Unfortunatelly, it wont' be ready in time......is my fault, I thought they issued immediately.....but the cards shows the dates when were issued, we have the statements as well and we also take our joint checkbox...would be enough?

3.We don't have health insurance right now, but I take as proof of bona fide marriage what we had from July till December which was joint. We never had life insurance....I don't think is a must, do you?

4.My last concern is regarding the mortgage. My husband bought this house before our marriage, my name is not there.We sent a request to convert to joint mortgage, but they reply with a lot of other arrangments ( warrant deed) to do before to be converted. Is it so bad not to be on the deed and mortgage?

Dear everyone, useless to say how worried and scared I am. Those who went through this process can understand me. Any last advise and suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Best regards.

1. If he had a previous job then take the paystubs of that job. If he has them.

2. You don't need that letter, the bank statements showing both names will be enough.

3. Is not a must.

4. It is totally normal. Plus normally on mortgages you don't include other person or co-borrower after the closing of that mortgage. The terms of that mortgage was based in the borrower's history.

Good luck,

RG,

First of all let me wish you the VERY BEST for your interview... I can only imagine your anxiety cuz even though I have just filed the papers for my husband we are already starting to feel the heat and have started thinking about all the evidence that we'd need.

1. I don't think it's a prob. I myself was in the same situation when I recently filed Affid of Supp for my husband. I used the letter of employment.

2. Having bank statements of your joint account should be good enough.

3. Its not a must.

4. Once again this can be explained.

There are a few more things that we are considering as evidence -

a. Our license - both showing same address.
b. Our Car Insurance - in both our names.
c. The title of the car - in both our names.
d. Of course... photos of our marriage and reception. etc.

Once again... best of luck... bring us the good news :)

USC

RareGold said:

I am done with the folders, this forum was a great help to be prepared.
Here is a couple of last questions, please reply with your suggestions:

1. My husband got the employer letter, but no paystubs because the work period from the 16th of the month through the last day of the month will be paid on the 15th of the following month. He has this new job since 2oth February....I don't think to be a problem, but anyway what do you think?

2.I was at our bank where we have the joint checking account asking for a letter when was the account opened and then converted to joint.Unfortunatelly, it wont' be ready in time......is my fault, I thought they issued immediately.....but the cards shows the dates when were issued, we have the statements as well and we also take our joint checkbox...would be enough?

3.We don't have health insurance right now, but I take as proof of bona fide marriage what we had from July till December which was joint. We never had life insurance....I don't think is a must, do you?

4.My last concern is regarding the mortgage. My husband bought this house before our marriage, my name is not there.We sent a request to convert to joint mortgage, but they reply with a lot of other arrangments ( warrant deed) to do before to be converted. Is it so bad not to be on the deed and mortgage?

Dear everyone, useless to say how worried and scared I am. Those who went through this process can understand me. Any last advise and suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Best regards.

1. Letter from employer stating his job profile, wages/salary, hours worked is fine.

2. Bank statements that have both names on it are fine. Your checkbook with both names on it would be fine too. If the officer requests to keep a check for his records, dont forget to void the check before you give it to him and dont sign it :D

3. We dont have life insurance either. We only had health insurance with my name as primary and my wife as dependent. If you have auto-insurance, that would be accepted as well.

4. It would help if you have your name on the mortgage papers, but since you dont, cover up with as many other documents as possible that have both your names on it.

One more thing: If you get a conditional GC, keep in mind that the documents you would be collecting with both your names on it would be needed 1 yr 9 mo from now to remove your conditions. So get proactive after your interview and start collecting all evidence needed.

Good luck for your interview. Go get that card girl... :D

RareGold, good luck to you at the interview. Do not worry at all, everything will be nice and smooth, you'll see.
Come back here to post your interview experience... ;)

Ema.

Thanks for all of you. I have a huge smile on my face, just thinking about how quick you replies.Thanks again.

Cherr,

He has 6 years of previous paystubs without any gap, the problem is that he was out of job since January till 2oth February.....I will take those, thanks.

a-usc,

We have DL with same address, car insurance, title of the cars, photos, bills.Thank you.

ari4u,

I learned something today from you, actually is not checkbox, but checkbook :) ...ok, ok, I will void and won't be signed either. Yes, my GC it will be a conditional one, sure , if I get :confused: You mean all these prepared, submitted joint evidence should be keep for the future...and new ones should be added?

ema 76

Thank's ema.....I will be here with my experience. It would take me some time to compose that post, my english is not perfect...and I don't speak french, either but other 2 languages. :)

RareGold said:
ari4u,

I learned something today from you, actually is not checkbox, but checkbook :) ...ok, ok, I will void and won't be signed either. Yes, my GC it will be a conditional one, sure , if I get :confused: You mean all these prepared, submitted joint evidence should be keep for the future...and new ones should be added?

Lol.. i dint see that in your post. Come to think of it, you can carry all your checks in a box and call it a check box... :D (okay okay, bad joke :eek:).
As for the documents and evidence you been collecting, save them after the interview and keep adding new ones. You will definitely need them to file I-751.

RareGold said:
ema 76

Thank's ema.....I will be here with my experience. It would take me some time to compose that post, my english is not perfect...and I don't speak french, either but other 2 languages. :)

Hehehehe, RareGold, that's ok. You are doing very well with your english. I, myself, have problems with my english :p and unfortunately I don't use my french as often as I want to.
Again, good luck to you !

Ema.

RareGold said:

Best regards.

RareGold,

I wish you the best of luck for your interview. Even though we haven't even filed our application yet, I'm already nervous about everything! :D
Just wanted to say that I sympathize with you completely.
Keep thinking of the moment after your interview: It's gonna be so great!
Make us jealous and come back here and share, please! ;)

ema76 said:
Hehehehe, RareGold, that's ok. You are doing very well with your english. I, myself, have problems with my english :p and unfortunately I don't use my french as often as I want to.
Again, good luck to you !

Ema.

Thank you Ema. I learned from you to write my interview experience first in a Word document just to be sure won't be any problem with posting ;) ...and need to rewrite :)

ari4u said:
Lol.. i dint see that in your post. Come to think of it, you can carry all your checks in a box and call it a check box... :D (okay okay, bad joke :eek:).
As for the documents and evidence you been collecting, save them after the interview and keep adding new ones. You will definitely need them to file I-751.

Oh, ari, you are so cautious, I am not done with the conditonal one and you are already speaking about I-751. :) But I will do as you said.Thanks.

patty579 said:
RareGold,

I wish you the best of luck for your interview. Even though we haven't even filed our application yet, I'm already nervous about everything! :D
Just wanted to say that I sympathize with you completely.
Keep thinking of the moment after your interview: It's gonna be so great!
Make us jealous and come back here and share, please! ;)

Thank you Patty, I am a worrier, just like you, before filling, after filling, all the times..... :)
I definitely will post my experience, just to envy me. I try to be funny, but is hard to be relaxed.

RareGold said:
Thank you Patty, I am a worrier, just like you, before filling, after filling, all the times..... :)
I definitely will post my experience, just to envy me. I try to be funny, but is hard to be relaxed.

:) It's gonna be just fine. :)

RareGold, dear! I see you already got all your questions answered, but let me put my own 2 cents in here as well…..How can I not, when we are talking about my fellow Tampa’s AOS applicant? :D

1. I don’t think you’ll have problems with that.
Here is a copy of a paragraph from Affidavit’s instruction:
Evidence of current employment or self-employment, such as a recent pay statement, or a statement from your employer on business stationery, showing beginning date of employment, type of work performed, and salary or wages paid.

Your husband’s taxes for the last three years and current letter of employment will do just fine. He always filed his taxes, every year. There was no break, so these two months out of last 6 years shouldn’t matter.
Important thing – he has a job now.

2. I did not even think to ask for such letter in my bank... I brought with me to my interview: a copy of the very first statement (to show when we opened the account) and copies of two last months’ statements. Also – copies of some cashed checks: two were singed by my husband and two - by me (to show that both of us are using this same account).

3. We don’t have life or health insurances either (well, I do have a health insurance, but my hubby doesn’t). It’s not a requirement, just a suggestion of what can “counts” like a proof of what INS people call “bona fide marriage”. If you have plenty of other join things – there is not a big deal if you don’t have join insurance.

4. My name is not on a mortgage or a deed to our house either…and I got my GC. Just don’t bring it up at all during your interview. If they ask – then explain that the house was bought before you two got married. It’s understandable.
Once again – if you have enough of other join staff and you name is on utility bills – you’ll be fine.

In summary: RareGold, you’ve been married for a short period of time. INS people knows and understand that it’s impossible to have EVERYTHING shared like long time couples do in such a short period of time. They will not expect you to bring loads of join accounts, and deeds and bills to your AOS interview on Thursday. They will take what you have at this moment. That’s why you’ll be getting your conditional GC - to give you more time and another chance to prove your bona fide marriage later on.

RareGold! I wish you BIG GOOD LUCK on your interview!
Everything is going to be OK. :)
Jane

Jane Green said:
RareGold, dear! I see you already got all your questions answered, but let me put my own 2 cents in here as well…..How can I not, when we are talking about my fellow Tampa’s AOS applicant? :D

RareGold! I wish you BIG GOOD LUCK on your interview!
Everything is going to be OK. :)
Jane

My dear protector angel what you are! :) I have so much to thank you! I was wondering where are you and here you are :) Thanks for you reply, I will keep in mind all your suggestions.God bless you...and all!

RareGold

Good luck to you again and don’t forget to write your report tomorrow.
People, who are still waiting, need to read good interview experiences. ;) :D

Jane Green said:
Good luck to you again and don’t forget to write your report tomorrow.
People, who are still waiting, need to read good interview experiences. ;) :D

I definitely will post my experience tomorrow afternoon. Thank you Jane for your support and many thanks for ari4u, cherr, ema and all good people from this board.

See you tomorrow, hopefully with good news!

Dont be nervous, treat this like a job interview :D Do your best and good luck for tomorrow. And remember the "dont ask dont tell policy" ;)

Ari4u

I read your interview report for 1ooooooooooo times, I will keep in mind every details. Hightime to go to bed for someone with an interview tomorrow. :)

How was the interview?

Hey RareGold, How was the interview? Just curious, because I saw today's date. Details and more details, please.