TST positive, doctor not sure about chest x-ray

marriage_help

Recently I got a RFE for medicals. Everything is clear except the TB test

My TST test showed 10mm induration. Subsequently I took a chest x-ray, a while back the clinic called me saying they are looking at the results and they are not conclusive. Apprently radiologists have recommended a CT scan. The doctor says he would not want to take a CT scan, he would rather recommend me to the local county health clinic for confirmation.
1. I have only one week to respond to the RFE. What should I do if I do not get the response from country health clinic in time?
2. What if they recommend further tests, whose results would be known after the RFE response date. What should I do then?

Pls advise, I am confused

Recently I got a RFE for medicals. Everything is clear except the TB test

My TST test showed 10mm induration. Subsequently I took a chest x-ray, a while back the clinic called me saying they are looking at the results and they are not conclusive. Apprently radiologists have recommended a CT scan. The doctor says he would not want to take a CT scan, he would rather recommend me to the local county health clinic for confirmation.
1. I have only one week to respond to the RFE. What should I do if I do not get the response from country health clinic in time?
2. What if they recommend further tests, whose results would be known after the RFE response date. What should I do then?

Pls advise, I am confused

You should respond in the time specified with normal Xray (or supporting documents). Failure to do that, could adversly affect your pending I485. Ask civil surgeon to explain the situation and include this in the sealed letter.

CDC and USCIS Website

Check the CDC website and get a printout to read the details on the instructions for the TB tests.

Make sure if you dont have active TB, they don't fill part 3 and part 4 of the medical form as Immigration might erroreneously reject the medical thinking there is follow up treatment needed - that is also indicated on the USCIS website.

Check this post :- http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=298826 (Post 17 and 18 which show the related information you are looking for)

Last edited by a moderator: