TSC I-140 board on Fec 19, 2002, come in, a lot new approvals

Sir, KP was right

My brother filed 485 though he was approved for CP. As KP mentioned filing through 485 with I140 CP approval has no problem and the other way around as mentioned required I824 approval. If you guys want further info I can get it for you.

Hi Guys

I have pending I140 which as July 15th as ND. My question is, Is it possible to file 485 by myself with necessary company\'s approval and documents and if so, where can I get the documents. Thanks

Thank you Brave heart

Thank you Brave heart, I would like contact any person applied like that. Do we need to submit any additional Documents if i shift from Cp to I485. Will there be any delay in the processing I485. Need help Please. Also if you post your Brother Contact Number/ Email, That will be great help.

Brave Heart

Brave heart I filled all the forms and sent it to lawyer. But I am not sure whether you can file individualy or not. You can get allthe forms at WWW.Immihelp.com, You can fill it online and take a print out.

The forms I filled are I 485, g-325a, I 131(Advance Parole), I 767(EAD) and Medicals.

Please let me know if you need any Info. Also please Provide more Info/ Contact Number/ Email to Discuss about CP to I 485.

Thank you

Thank you UTAUST_140

Thank you for Information, Can you Please guide me where exactly i can find the Information in Immihelp.com regarding changing CP to AOS.
After I saw your message I am unable to locate it.

Thank you.

Sir with all due respect.. here you go..

Shekhar as I told you before, I am not an expert in this field.. But I read something somewhere .. Here is what Ms. Sheela Murthy thinks..

Chat User : I-140 approved for CP. What is the procedure for canceling CP and applying for AOS with I-485?

Attorney Murthy : Actually, one can go ahead and file the AOS paperwork. Then notify the NVC and the consulate to return the file from the consulate / NVC back to the INS Service Center to avoid delays when the INS completes review of the case but cannot approve it since the file was transferred to the consulate.
You will find this here .. http://www.murthy.com/chat0218.html

Please also do some research on www.usvisanews.com... I saw a posting there on their chat session a couple of weeks back.. There he told about I-824 filing...

On the other hand, www.immihelp.com thinks if you choose CP then you have both options open.. So we see clear difference of opinion here, right??? please consult a lawyer or at least try to get attention of Jim Mills here... He is a nice and helpful lawyer.. At least he knows what he is doing.. Not like us ...

I am not here to argue or to prove any body wrong... I just thought my posting could help someone or someone else\'s posting can help me do my filing right..

I am saying it again .. Please don\'t make any brave decision seeing any brave posting here.. Consult a lawyer...

We don\'t want to make any decision and then regret....

Shekhar_TSC

Shekhar as I told you before, I am not an expert in this field.. But I read something somewhere .. Here is what Ms. Sheela Murthy thinks..
Chat User : I-140 approved for CP. What is the procedure for canceling CP and applying for AOS with I-485?

Attorney Murthy : Actually, one can go ahead and file the AOS paperwork. Then notify the NVC and the consulate to return the file from the consulate / NVC back to the INS Service Center to avoid delays when the INS completes review of the case but cannot approve it since the file was transferred to the consulate.

********** You will find this here .. http://www.murthy.com/chat0218.html
Please also do some research on www.usvisanews.com... I saw a posting there on their chat session a couple of weeks back.. There he told about I-824 filing...

On the other hand, www.immihelp.com thinks if you choose CP then you have both options open.. So we see clear difference of opinion here, right??? please consult a lawyer or at least try to get attention of Jim Mills here... He is a nice and helpful lawyer.. At least he knows what he is doing.. Not like us ...

I am not here to argue or to prove any body wrong... I just thought my posting could help someone or someone else\'s posting can help me do my filing right..

I am saying it again .. Please don\'t make any brave decision seeing any brave posting here.. Consult a lawyer...

We don\'t want to make any decision and then regret....

Definitely possible...

Braveheart.. this is not the question of possible or not.. Definitely possible.. It is the concern of doing it right or getting an RFE.. if you feel that you may be able to do it right, and you have the originals of ETA 750A,B and original 140 approval, then definitely it\'s a good idea to do it..

Here are the documents you need to put.. (but please check all the new fees now...)

I-485 Checklist
Principal Applicant
1. Check of $255 in payment of the required I-485 filing fee
2. Check of $50 in payment of the required Finger Printing fee
3. Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status
4. Form G-325A
5. Form I-797, Approval Notice of I-140 Immigrant Petition
6. Form I-693
7. Form I-797A and Form I-94 showing my current H1-B visa status (front and back)
8. Form I-94 showing the F1 student visa status of my last entry into the U.S (front and back)
9. Practical Training Card
10. Copy of Form I-20 showing my F1 student visa status
11. Copies of all pages of my valid passport and my last entry visa into the U.S.
12. Employer Letter
13. Pay stubs of most recent three months
14. Copies of W-2 and tax return for the last three years
15. Birth certificate
16. Two immigration photos for I-485 enclosed in the small envelope.
17. ETA 750 A, B
I-485 Checklist

dependent Applicant

1. Check of $220 in payment of the required I-485 filing fee
2. Check of $25 in payment of the required Finger Printing fee
3. Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status.
4. Form G-325A
5. Form I-693, Medical Examination result
6. Form I-797, Approval notice of I-140 Immigrant Petition
7. Form I-797A and Form I-94 showing my current H4 visa status (front and back)
8. Form I-94 showing the F2 visa status of my last entry into the U.S.
9. Copies of all pages of my valid passport and my last entry visa into the U.S.
10. Form I-134, Affidavit of Support
11. Copies of W-2 and tax return of the principal applicant for the last three years as the evidence of I-134 Affidavit of Support
12. Employer Letter showing principal applicant\'s current employment status as the evidence of I-134 Affidavit of Support
13. Pay stubs of most recent three months of the principal applicant
14. Account Verification Letter (not necessary)
15. Birth certificate
16. Marriage certificate
17. Two immigration photos for I-485, enclosed in the small envelope

It is always better to consult lawyer

UTAUST_140, you are very right in saying, we should seek expert\'s opinion before doing anything. Afterall sekhar has waited for so long and should not spoil anything from hearsay. I am a regular and silent watcher of this site and just got excited to inform about the similar case. Thanks and happy waiting.

Thanks Sekhar

Regarding CP to 485 processing, here is my brother\'s hotmail address; vankar@hotmail.com.

I am planning to file 485 on my own (if possible). I am destined with a lousy attorney who doesn\'t even return calls for months. I don\'t want to go through this at least at 485. Any addln info will certainly help. Thanks

Excellant, UTAUST_140

Thanks, for such a detailed information. I hope, I can get all originals and process. Thanks and appreciate your help.

Thanks Brave heart

Thank you for your help, I am also with same kind of lawyer.
I sent couple of questions to your Brother seeking more information regarding my transfer from CP to AOS.

Thank you.

Thank you UTAUST_140

Thank you very much for your help, I will definetly call lawyer, but she is not that cooperative? She didn\'t even Inform me about approval to CP.

Thank you,
Sekhar

Aproved!

ND 08/16/2001
AD 02/19/2002
EB2(RIR)

Good luck to all of you and see you at 485.

Notice date or RFE date?

Hi all,

When a "request for evidence" is made, does your paper get pushed back in the queue, or does your notice date still hold a better position?

Example :- If the ND is 11/03/01 and the "request of evidence" reached the INS on 11/23/01 - Will my paper work be pushed back?

My I-140 at TSC (EB-3 RIR) ND Nov 7, 2001.

My petition was transferred to VSC on Feb 14, 2002. Since neither my employer nor I am in the jurisdiction of VSC, they transferred the case back to TSC (VSC said it was on Feb 14,2002). When I spoke with a IIO at TSC, they told me that they do not have the case yet. Has anybody been in this position. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Kriss