TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Name Check -

Hi, how will I know my wife and my application is in name check. After FP, the status still is case recevied and Pending

EB2 - India - PD is July 2003
I140 - Approved in Dec 2006 TSC
Jul2 nd mailer to TSC, got Receipts in mid Aug,
Recd EAD end of Aug with USA country of birth!!! :rolleyes:
Did FP code 3 on 9/14, LUD on I 485 - 9/14
9/19 Recd AP - approved on 9/12 - I131 still shows pending with LUD of 9/13

I am also in Houston.
Today I got a letter from FBI through our congressman McCaull. It states that my name check was initited on May 12 2006 and processed on Sept.19.2007!! (It took them 17 months to process this request!). Is there any hope now?:confused:

Congratulations! Only 17 month! that's practically nothing! compared to 4-5 years for many people.

Your case shows FBI continues its policy of proccessing relatively young cases and ignoring old cases. From multiple answers to FAQs from the FBI on NC, an NC may last 'up to 5 years'. At the same time, the program was started 5 years ago. Therefore, the right way to interpret the answer is that an NC may last forever. I guess some nationalities are not very welcome here. Unfortunately, beginning February of this year FBI throws WOMs that they get into a waste basket; i.e. don't give any consideration to court rulings on expediting the NC (There is a link to it in one of recent posts in that thread. Also, I read about this in one of their earlier documents.)

My I-140 finally got approved last week after 11 months. Hopefully there will be some movement on my I-485 now with the new visa numbers coming out next month. But with how long my I-140 took, I'm not being too optimistic. :rolleyes:

Finally!

Congrats! One big hurdle is down... now it's that mysterious CIS security check thingy, but hopefully this I-140 approval may also mean some good progress on that front too.

My I-140 finally got approved last week after 11 months. Hopefully there will be some movement on my I-485 now with the new visa numbers coming out next month. But with how long my I-140 took, I'm not being too optimistic. :rolleyes:

Congrats! One big hurdle is down... now it's that mysterious CIS security check thingy, but hopefully this I-140 approval may also mean some good progress on that front too.

Thanks, it's really a big relief as I've heard of some cases of I-140s being stuck for 2 years or more because of security checks. I guess I should be lucky that mine took only close to a year :D

I've already contacted my congressional rep about my I-485 and she has been extremely responsive and is following up on my case already since it is finally outside of the processing times for TSC (I've stopped trying to bother calling the people at TSC since I would rather not deal with the unpleasantness of that task). So hopefully I'll know one way or another whether I'm in an FBI name check (which I've been told I'm not, but one can never know) or some other bogus check really soon.

Security Checks

Congratulations Herenthere!!

I know how you feel. My i-140 took 7 months and I was getting worried that it may last for 1+ year, especially that USCIS was telling me that the delay is due to "security checks".

However, I have not seen similar luck on the i-485 side. I am still waiting after 20 months.

Congratulations Herenthere!!

I know how you feel. My i-140 took 7 months and I was getting worried that it may last for 1+ year, especially that USCIS was telling me that the delay is due to "security checks".

However, I have not seen similar luck on the i-485 side. I am still waiting after 20 months.

Thanks, TSCEB2Current: I believe I remember you said that you have your second AP and EAD applications out but have not heard anything. Do you have any updates on those or is it the same stuck in security check story?

On an unrelated note, do you know if they still do NSEERS at airports anymore for people who are newly arriving in the country? I know I have to register everytime I come and go from the country because I am in the program already, but I'm wondering if my brother, who is visiting me next month and has not been here since that program started will have to go through it as well.

Keep writing to congress people

Remind the congress people that national security is the most important one and they should put more resources in FBI department to resolve name hits.

Thanks, TSCEB2Current: I believe I remember you said that you have your second AP and EAD applications out but have not heard anything. Do you have any updates on those or is it the same stuck in security check story?

On an unrelated note, do you know if they still do NSEERS at airports anymore for people who are newly arriving in the country? I know I have to register everytime I come and go from the country because I am in the program already, but I'm wondering if my brother, who is visiting me next month and has not been here since that program started will have to go through it as well.

Hi Herenthere,

Yes, I would like to report that my 2nd EAD was approved in 5 months. My 2nd AP was approved in 7 months. The AP2 approval notice was issued just last week. None of my interim benefits (EAD1, EAD2, AP1, AP2) were approved under 5 months. Rediculous!!

As far as NSEERS for your brother, I am not sure. I would recommend that you research the issue. Your brother may even want to "volunteer" for NSEERS when he lands in the US, just to have a complete set of documents. USCIS has issued an RFE for each petition to ask for evidence of NSEERS registration, even though we provided that evidence with each petition initially.

Remind the congress people that national security is the most important one and they should put more resources in FBI department to resolve name hits.

The funds for the NC come from us, not from the government. This is a cornerstone of the system: the beneficiary pays not the taxpayers. So this is a useless suggestion.

Job Change After getting the Green Card

Is it safe to change to a different job 2 weeks after getting the Green Card? What are the complications involved in this?

I personally disagree if one plans to apply for citizenship; there is risk, though not high in reality.

In most instances, they don't ask if and how long you stayed with the sponsor employer after GC. But I know one example where a GC holder (a former colleague of a friend) even lost his GC in applying for citizenship because they spotted his instant change of jobs after GC and decided the GC application itself was a fraud.

Again, risk is very low, but not zero. So I guess it depends on how much and what kind of risk you are willing to take.

You can get your job the minute you get your card and there will be no complication.

I personally disagree if one plans to apply for citizenship; there is risk, though not high in reality.

In most instances, they don't ask if and how long you stayed with the sponsor employer after GC. But I know one example where a GC holder (a former colleague of a friend) even lost his GC in applying for citizenship because they spotted his instant change of jobs after GC and decided the GC application itself was a fraud.

Again, risk is very low, but not zero. So I guess it depends on how much and what kind of risk you are willing to take.

I disagree, even when your GC is not approved you can change your job as many times as you want thru AC-21. I have seen many people like that who also got citizenship.

I disagree, even when your GC is not approved you can change your job as many times as you want thru AC-21. I have seen many people like that who also got citizenship.

This came up in last conference call with Rajiv. USCIS say that GC seekers should have the intension to stay with sponsoring company indefinitely. However once you get GC, you can change your intention in 2 months or 6 months or never. I would say it is risky to change in 2 weeks. Through few more months of you life man . What is the hurry ?

Name Check reply

I am also one of the 2002PD 2006RD cases. I'm in Maryland, stuck in NC since 07/2006. (14 months completed). Please keep us posted if you folks plan/ takes any action towards clearing NC.
I wrote a letter to Zoe in June-2007 but not yet received any letter from her.
Is any one got response from her saying Thank you like letters from congressman’s.?

signature:
Application Type: EB2-RIR PD: 10/2002
I-140 Approved - 09/2006
TSC I-485, RD:07/2006
Finger Printing- 08/2006
I-485: LUD's: 08/18/2006, 12/27/2006, 03/21/2007,03/22/2007,03/24/2007,05/29/2007.
spouse 485 LUD's: 08/18/2006, 12/27/2006
FP- 08/15/2006

many people filed in July 2006 and stuck in NC

I am also one of the 2002PD 2006RD cases. I'm in Maryland, stuck in NC since 07/2006. (14 months completed). Please keep us posted if you folks plan/ takes any action towards clearing NC.
I wrote a letter to Zoe in June-2007 but not yet received any letter from her.
Is any one got response from her saying Thank you like letters from congressman’s.?

signature:
Application Type: EB2-RIR PD: 10/2002
I-140 Approved - 09/2006
TSC I-485, RD:07/2006
Finger Printing- 08/2006
I-485: LUD's: 08/18/2006, 12/27/2006, 03/21/2007,03/22/2007,03/24/2007,05/29/2007.
spouse 485 LUD's: 08/18/2006, 12/27/2006
FP- 08/15/2006

Bad queue?

FYI, I mailed out a letter to Zoe yesterday. Rumors have it that USCIS is going to do something to NC delay victims. Hope it is true. But Zoe has definitely promised to do something when she met with protesters on 9/17 (as reported by a Chinese newspaper).

Bad queue?

FYI, I mailed out a letter to Zoe yesterday. Rumors have it that USCIS is going to do something to NC delay victims. Hope it is true. But Zoe has definitely promised to do something when she met with protesters on 9/17 (as reported by a Chinese newspaper).

I wonder where this rumor comes from. - ?
Here's a pessimistic view (I know you guys who waited just short 10-20 months tend to be optomistic, but I'm not that optimistic as I was 2-3 years ago.) :
The current situation with the backlog suits everybody, expect for the victims of course but who cares about them. Look, CIS can now say the recent increase in immigration fees wasn't enough; FBI can say we need more money from CIS to cover additional costs associated with our agents working on the backlog of files; even Zoe is happy because she's pushing something for a noble course.

I wish I were wrong, but that's life.

What is your PD ?

I wonder where this rumor comes from. - ?
Here's a pessimistic view (I know you guys who waited just short 10-20 months tend to be optomistic, but I'm not that optimistic as I was 2-3 years ago.) :
The current situation with the backlog suits everybody, expect for the victims of course but who cares about them. Look, CIS can now say the recent increase in immigration fees wasn't enough; FBI can say we need more money from CIS to cover additional costs associated with our agents working on the backlog of files; even Zoe is happy because she's pushing something for a noble course.

I wish I were wrong, but that's life.

I see you are waiting for a long time in I-485 stage. When did you actually start the GC journey ( starting with applying for yourlabor certification ).