trip back to home country

asylum2014

Registered Users (C)
Dear forum family,

I have been coming here for a while. I come from a country where my religion is strongly persecuted. The persecution is not only from the other religion adherents and also from the government. My religion is almost not allowed in my country. My family have been suffering a lot but by God's grace we survived even in the hardest situations. I had miserable experiences during my growth. I came here with the help of American missionaries in my country. They helped me to apply for college and wrote letters for me to get through the visa appointment. I currently go to a Christian college working on a missions' program. I have been thinking to apply for asylum, however, I miss my family and church congregations back home so much. We experienced so much in those days. This summer the missionary organization will have a short term mission to my country. I want to go with them back to my home country. I talked to the mission's directors, they told me they will try their best to protect and bring me back here. If situation allows, I plan to go back to my home country after I finish college here. My mentor (he is an missionary) suggested me to apply for asylum after I come back from the summer mission trip from my home country. He said in the short term, the situation will not change a lot and he cares a lot about my safety. I have two concerns currently that need advice: If I find the situation is still very bad in my country during the summer trip, I'm going to apply for asylum after I come back to the States. 1) Will my summer trip go back home hurt my asylum? I haven't left this country since I first came here back a few years ago. If I travel back home and come back to apply for asylum, will my situation and previous persecuted experience still convincing if I go back home once? I was afraid that asylum office will think it's fine for me to go back home now. but the situation as far as I know has been always bad. will the trip hurt my case? 2) the suffering I went through occurred in different periods and different places, it was from police, teachers, students and the other religion adherents. We did not have the condition to go to hospital at that time. We have our local medicine to cure the hurt and illness. How can I put my stories and evidence in a convincing way if I don't have the hospital records or witnesses? Thanks a lot for your reading and I'm looking forward to your response!!!

Asylum seekers are people that are legitimately afraid that if they go back to their 'home' country they cannot survive. If you want to travel to your home country because you 'miss' it, then I suspect you are not legitimately afraid - as will the asylum officer suspect when he starts asking you questions (unless you can lie really well).

Hello, so did you travel back to the COP? I'm traveling to my COP next month due to a family emergency, I'm really nervous, could you please tell me how was your experience at the POE? Do you know if there will be any problems at the time of the citizenship interview? Please share your experience, thanks, ✌️

In the same boat just did my fingerprints recently, in n400 interview i hope i don't run into trouble I went to COP for 10 days