Tri-Valley University

You apparently don't have anything substantial to say.
So, it obviously is true that TVU is a fraud.
I am not surprised that you, as participant in the fraud, don't like it when people expose TVU as the fraud it is.

A TVU employee openly admitted to illegally bypassing the H1 regulations by fraudulently using the F1.
The TVU employee also admitted of colluding with employers to depress the wages of employees.
That confirms that TVU is a fraud.

Only the universities certified by SEVP can issue I-20's and hence provide CPT OPT options to students. If tri-valley is able to generate I-20's and F-1 visa's then my assumption is that it is SEVP certified. Accredition is the surest way to prove the 8 CFR 214.3 (e) (i-iv) requirements. However, this is not the only way. If a university is not accredited, the SEVP certification process must replicate the accrediting function. This means the certification process is more complex for these universities and requires a lot more documentation. I did some research on SEVP certification a while a go when I was working for a university--this is why I know this--and this is why I felt like leaving my comments here. Tri-valley must have provided enough documentation to satisfy SEVP and did receive certification. Now that it is certified and has the permission to issue I-20's and F-1's--we cannot say that its I-20's and visas are fraud or illegal. To me, it is perfectly legal--since they are SEVP certified.
Yes, the degree itself is not accredited--but again we cannot call it a fake degree or fraud. There are hundreds of law school's in the U.S. who are not ABA approved--so their degrees are not accredited and are worth nothing. However, not even ABA calls them a fraud.

Well--this is just my opinion.

Only the universities certified by SEVP can issue I-20's and hence provide CPT OPT options to students. If tri-valley is able to generate I-20's and F-1 visa's then my assumption is that it is SEVP certified.
Yes, they are. But most likely through fraud. Read below.

Accredition is the surest way to prove the 8 CFR 214.3 (e) (i-iv) requirements. However, this is not the only way. If a university is not accredited, the SEVP certification process must replicate the accrediting function. This means the certification process is more complex for these universities and requires a lot more documentation. I did some research on SEVP certification a while a go when I was working for a university--this is why I know this--and this is why I felt like leaving my comments here. Tri-valley must have provided enough documentation to satisfy SEVP and did receive certification.
They would have had to provide the names of at least three accredited universities that accept transfers from TVU.
But, the discussion at Trackitt shows that they don't have these names. So, they most likely lied on their SEVP application.

Now that it is certified and has the permission to issue I-20's and F-1's--we cannot say that its I-20's and visas are fraud or illegal. To me, it is perfectly legal--since they are SEVP certified.
If the SEVP certification was received through fraud, as seems likely, the issuance of I-20s is fraudulent.

Yes, the degree itself is not accredited--but again we cannot call it a fake degree or fraud. There are hundreds of law school's in the U.S. who are not ABA approved--so their degrees are not accredited and are worth nothing. However, not even ABA calls them a fraud.
A degree from a non-accredited organization isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Use it to get a job, you commit fraud. Use it to get an H1, you commit fraud. Use CPT if there is no established curriculum, like with TVU, and you commit fraud.
Law schools, btw, are a rather special thing. For lawyers, the bar exam is what matters. In fact, you don't need a law degree at all to go for the bar exam.
But to give an example that TVU indeed is a fraud: They claim to offer nursing and health care degrees - without having any health care facilities. I rather doubt that you'd be happy having a nurse who has never seen a hospital from the inside before...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well..the point is, unless it is found that they received SEVP certification by way of fraud and their certification is revoked, their I20's are legal. I disagree with you on the point that you don't need a law degree to sit for the bar. Being an ABA approved law school graduate myself, I know this is not true. Every state has a different set of rules pertaining to bar exam. However you do need a law degree from an ABA approved law school. But this is beyond the scope of our discussion here, so I am not going to go into details.

"Well..the point is, unless it is found that they received SEVP certification by way of fraud and their certification is revoked"

TVU has done everything exactly follows every regulariton by the city, the state, the Depart of Educiton, in International student department under every regualtion of Home land of security, and SEVP. This asusmption itself is from that evil people trying to shup the University down, because we caught their evil cheating behavior against TVU students!

I tend to agree with you uuu12345...the SEVP certification shows that TVU has followed each and every rule. This is why, in my opinion, they issue perfectly legal I20's (hence F-1's CPT's and OPT's). This was my whole point.

I tend to agree with you uuu12345...the SEVP certification shows that TVU has followed each and every rule.
No, it hasn't. For SEVP, a non-accredited organization has to list at least three real, accredited universities that accept transfers.
There is, however, NOT ONE accredited university that accepts transfers from TVU.
In other words, TVU lied on their SEVP application.
This is why the I-20s they issue are not legal.

"Well..the point is, unless it is found that they received SEVP certification by way of fraud and their certification is revoked"

TVU has done everything exactly follows every regulariton by the city, the state, the Depart of Educiton, in International student department under every regualtion of Home land of security, and SEVP.
You must be a TVU official if you know all that.
So, you have been lying by claiming to be a student at TVU.
Second, SEVP requires that a non-accredited organization like TVU lists at least three real, accredited universities that accept transfers from TVU.
Post the names of these universities here.
On Trackitt, I have been asking a TVU official (from the writing style, me be you) to post these names. The official has shown to be unable to do so.
Ergo, TVU is a fraud.

This asusmption itself is from that evil people trying to shup the University down, because we caught their evil cheating behavior against TVU students!
LOL.
It is TVU that is violating the laws.
It is TVU that is "cheating".
TVU is clearly a fraudulent organization.

Well..the point is, unless it is found that they received SEVP certification by way of fraud and their certification is revoked, their I20's are legal.
The authorities are on TVU's tail already. Students who enter with an F1 for TVU get questioned for hours on entry, for example.

I disagree with you on the point that you don't need a law degree to sit for the bar. Being an ABA approved law school graduate myself, I know this is not true. Every state has a different set of rules pertaining to bar exam. However you do need a law degree from an ABA approved law school. But this is beyond the scope of our discussion here, so I am not going to go into details.
In California, it is not necessary to have a law degree to do the bar exam. You need to have a legal education: http://www.calbarxap.com/applications/CalBar/info/legal.html (B or C).

And it is interesting that you didn't comment on the fraud that TVU commits with their fake health care and nursing "degrees"...

For California bar, it's A or B&C. Fulfilling the requirements in B&C is typically interpreted as a law degree from a foreign country and one year of LL.M. from an ABA approved law school. So, to conclude, you do need an degree from and ABA approved law school. I'm no expert in Nursing or Health Care--this is why I will not comment on it. I have, however, studied and practiced enough immigration law that I know that you and me cannot call Tri-valley a fraud--until their certification is revoked.

For California bar, it's A or B&C. Fulfilling the requirements in B&C is typically interpreted as a law degree from a foreign country and one year of LL.M. from an ABA approved law school. So, to conclude, you do need an degree from and ABA approved law school.
No, it is A or (B.1 and C) or (B.2 and C).
B.1 and C doesn't have anything to do with a foreign degree. Only B.2 and C has.

I'm no expert in Nursing or Health Care--this is why I will not comment on it. I have, however, studied and practiced enough immigration law that I know that you and me cannot call Tri-valley a fraud--until their certification is revoked.
And I know about university accreditation. An organization that is not accredited, yet claims to issue degrees is fraudulent. TVU is a diploma mill. They are selling CPT and OPT, which is against the law. Since you claim to know it, look it up. CPT requires an established curriculum. A non-accredited organization can by definition not have an established curriculum. They can't issue degrees.
The SEVP stuff is just the icing on the cake.
TVU clearly is a fraudulent organization.

And further, on Trackitt, an official from TVU has openly admitted to colluding with employers to circumvent the H1 laws.
This (including the horrible spelling errors) was posted by a person who speaks for TVU on Trackitt: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/h1b/512950847/tri-valley-university-cpt-opt/page/6
Due to the economy, you are not the only one who are suffering! Many company can not affrod H1 any more ( for H1 there a certain salary uplit in each state), we actually have several partner companies, ask us to conver their employee into F1 so that they can work for them with the entire company's budget cut.
This is colluding with employers to circumvent the H1 laws.
With that, there is no doubt whatsoever that TVU is a fraud, a criminal organization.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Trackitt, somebody posted an email from the CA Comsumer Affairs:
Tri valley has applied for Bureau approval, the Bureau received an application on April 26, 2010 from Tri valley to operate an accredited institution. The school has not acquired Bureau approval. If Tri Valley Univ. opened it doors and enrolled students prior to January 1, 2010, they can continue to teach students who were attending prior to January 1, 2010. Per regulation new students may not be accepted until approval is granted after that date. The school is not recognized as approved therefore the degree may not accepted. You should follow the catalog requirements if you are concerned and want your money back.
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/h1b/512950847/tri-valley-university-cpt-opt/page/11
Yet another indication that TVU is violating the laws. They can't legally enroll students anymore, and weren't allowed since Jan. 1.
That obviously also means they can't issue I-20s.
Anybody who got an I-20 from TVU this year should not use it since doing so would be immigration fraud.

To all the people who think an organization having SEVIS approval makes it safe:
Think again.
Here is a press release from ICE about a fraudulent organization in Florida that had SEVIS approval:
http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1008/100830miami.htm
MIAMI - A local woman was sentenced on Friday to 15 months in prison for her role in student visa fraud. This ultimately became U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) largest-ever student visa fraud investigation netting 116 administrative arrests of student visa violators.
And in particular, read this:
On March 2, pursuant to a federal indictment, ICE-HSI special agents arrested Menocal and Macia on the criminal charges. Additionally, ICE special agents administratively arrested 116 student visa violators, who are currently facing immigration removal proceedings or have been ordered removed from the United States. About 36 of those students had turned themselves in to ICE following the March 2 enforcement action. More than 20 additional students, who were alleged to be attending FLI, departed the United States after learning about the March 2 ICE arrests.
The same thing will happen with the TVU fraud.
And people who signed up with TVU, getting an F1, will end up getting deported.

I do not have personal experience with TVU, but in this case I would go by the age-old advice that if an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Judging by the quality of the website alone, I think the USCIS is going to find this sketchy. Other forum members may look here to see the site and intone about their own opinions: http://www.trivalleyuniversity.org/

Hi All,

i am Michael. i went to see tri-valley university. They have many good professors who take regular classes .
They have plenty of class rooms to conduct the lecture.Many americans who dream for higher studies can do it
from tri valley for cheap.

why spend 50,000 USD if you can do the same course for half the price from tri-valley.My friend from Angela from
UK is doing her MBA and very happy with courses.

The fees are cheaper than other universities. tri valley hires good professors for their courses.

Regards

Mike

Hi All,

i am Michael. i went to see tri-valley university. They have many good professors who take regular classes .
LOL. They don't have any good professors.
They are a diploma mill.

They have plenty of class rooms to conduct the lecture.
No, they don't. They have 1 or 2 rooms or so, and they claim to have 3000 students.
Certainly not enough rooms for the students.
You are obviously yet another TVU employee who tries to save his job.
Find an employer who isn't a fraud.

Many americans who dream for higher studies can do it
from tri valley for cheap.
TVU is not accredited.
And this is an immigration forum. Not many Americans here.
And international students on F1 have to physically attend classes, which with the few so-called classrooms TVU has is not possible.
Ergo, TVU is a fraud.

why spend 50,000 USD if you can do the same course for half the price from tri-valley.
So, you spend $25K for a worthless piece of paper???
TVU is not accredited, so a "degree" from TVU can not be used for anything.

My friend from Angela from
UK is doing her MBA and very happy with courses.
She is illegal, and her so-called MBA is completely worthless.
If she is really your friend, you should tell her to find a real university.
TVU is not accredited. TVU is not allowed to accept new students.

The fees are cheaper than other universities.
Only because TVU is a fraud.

tri valley hires good professors for their courses.
TVU doesn't have any professors.

TVU is a fraud.
What will happen to you and to anybody who signs up with TVU is the same thing that happened in this case: http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1008/100830miami.htm
On March 2, pursuant to a federal indictment, ICE-HSI special agents arrested Menocal and Macia on the criminal charges. Additionally, ICE special agents administratively arrested 116 student visa violators, who are currently facing immigration removal proceedings or have been ordered removed from the United States. About 36 of those students had turned themselves in to ICE following the March 2 enforcement action. More than 20 additional students, who were alleged to be attending FLI, departed the United States after learning about the March 2 ICE arrests.

And you should stop posting lies. This last desperate attempt to rescue TVU is going to fail.
TVU is a fraud.

Reply-Jo1234

Hello Jo1234
I think this guy needs mental treatment.I believe what sameer_raju was saying is true.Myself and many of my friends did masters in public health in KY and recieved CPT and OPT without any problems.The program is not accredited so far.Everybody is on H1 and some already got green card.There is no hassle.

You apparently don't have anything substantial to say.
So, it obviously is true that TVU is a fraud.
I am not surprised that you, as participant in the fraud, don't like it when people expose TVU as the fraud it is.

A TVU employee openly admitted to illegally bypassing the H1 regulations by fraudulently using the F1.
The TVU employee also admitted of colluding with employers to depress the wages of employees.
That confirms that TVU is a fraud.

Hello Jo1234
I think this guy needs mental treatment.I believe what sameer_raju was saying is true.Myself and many of my friends did masters in public health in KY and recieved CPT and OPT without any problems.The program is not accredited so far.Everybody is on H1 and some already got green card.There is no hassle.
If you used your degree from a non-accredited organization to get an H1, you committed immigration fraud. There is no statute of limitation on immigration fraud. You could get deported even decades later. And that has happened to people.
TVU is already under investigation, some other fake universities as well.
And this is what will happen: http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1008/100830miami.htm
In other words, anybody going to these fake universities is looking at deportation and a lifelong ban.
And if you are talking about "mental treatment", yes, anybody signing up with such fake universities indeed needs mental treatment. Sane people would stay far away from such frauds.

hi i am bobby want to join this university

hi
i am bobby want to transfer tothis university , so i have lot of questions and doubts about it,, can u please help me out .
1. how many courses can be transfered from the previous university
2. some topics in the form says its a fraud what is that fraud?
3. if i join in it wat are the effects, can i have contact with any one who is studying there( from indian F-1 students).
please reply me ASAP becoz i am in big trouble...please consider me

2. some topics in the form says its a fraud what is that fraud?
1. TVU is not accredited.
2. TVU is basically selling CPT, which is illegal.
3. TVU lied on their SEVP application about transfers out of TVU.
4. TVU is not allowed to accept new students, per California law.

please reply me ASAP becoz i am in big trouble...please consider me
You would be in even bigger trouble if you go with TVU. You could get deported, just like people in this case: http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1008/100830miami.htm
Additionally, ICE special agents administratively arrested 116 student visa violators, who are currently facing immigration removal proceedings or have been ordered removed from the United States.