Travelling with incorrect CARD

BarbaraLamb

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if it's OK to travel with a card which has the wrong gender? I've recently received mine with that incorrection. I was told by USCIS it'll take six months to get a replacement and I need to travel asap.
I don't know yet if my local office will give me a stamp yet so I'm considering all options.

Could anyone help?

Thanks
Barbara

Better not to travel with the wrong card.

They put the wrong "country of birth" on mine, and I have to submit I-90 too.

Thanks IrishBailey,

Interestingly you did DORA to save time and now you'll have more time waiting for a new card, probably longer than to get approved!

Barbara

So it is fair then. it really sucks if this is going to take half a year.

BarbaraLamb said:
Thanks IrishBailey,

Interestingly you did DORA to save time and now you'll have more time waiting for a new card, probably longer than to get approved!

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
Does anyone know if it's OK to travel with a card which has the wrong gender? I've recently received mine with that incorrection. I was told by USCIS it'll take six months to get a replacement and I need to travel asap.
I don't know yet if my local office will give me a stamp yet so I'm considering all options.
-------------------------- you can file I-90 and then with I-90 filing reciept go to Local USCIS office and get your passport stamped and then you can come before the stamp expires(you need to get infopass to visit local USCIS office for stamp)

Could anyone help?
**** I know about a person who got GC with incoorect info his GC had last name incorrect. he went to Local USCIS and officer checked system with his A# and local USCIS gave him a letter that info on card is printed incorrect and his correct last name is.... DOB is... A# is.... he went out and came back without any problems. at POE they never asked for the letter just looked at GC.
*** he kept his I-485 approval notice with him and his DL and past expired EAD/AP copy but was not asked any documents at POE
Thanks
Barbara

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your help, I have an Infopass for Monday and I'll ask for a stamp and if for some reason that cannot be done then I'll request a letter.

Thanks for the suggestion

Barbara

Hi,

Yesterday I went to my local USCIS to request a I-551 stamp. I was given a one year stamp in the I-90 category, meaning waiting for replacement card. The actual I-90 plus supporting docs is now ready to be sent.

I guess this is it...and thank you!

Barbara