Travelling to Canada while in removal proceedings?

smali

Registered Users (C)
I obtained my GC through marriage to USC. We got divorced two months ahead of approval of lifting of conditional basis of permenent residence. When I applied for naturalization after 5 years, I was placed in removal proceedings since my permanent residenet status allegedly was terminted on the day of divorce. Well I have checked out that as per Board of Immigration appeals decisions, the permenent resident status, once granted, can not be terminated by CIS but only by a Judge. Any ways, my case continues and I was told by judge to file a new I-751 with good faith waiver, which I did and now I have received a Notice of Action extending my PR by one year. I got a stamp in the passport and I do have my plastic ten year card with me. the judge did not take it at my hearing. Ok, this was my US immigration back ground.

I am also a Canadian citizen since 1999. I want to travel to Canada to buy some real estate and was wondering if I can be denied entry to USA, while having a 10 yr GC and stamp in the passport or may be delayed at the POE. I have my PR status has not been revoked by the judge. In this case, can they still refuse entry? any legal advise. Is this issue not an issue and I am just worrying unnecessrily?

Secondly, do I have to believe that my PR status is just valid for 1 yr and not the 10 yrs as in the plastic card. I guess, the 10 yr will revert back when my second I-751 is granted (on case status online it status, approval notice sent 11/5/2004, where as I only applied in 6/2007. Does this show that they approved me from 2004, when my status was terminted (allegedly) by CIS?). I did not get any approval in the mail. Is it unusual to get I-751 waiver approved in 2 months time? Could this be hoax?

I do not think there will be any residency break as far as naturalization concerns.

My wife is Canadian PR and she is staying on F-1 visa with me here in US. I read that a Canadin PR preserves ther PR status if they live abroad with a Canadian Citizen spouse. Can they count those days towards Canadian citizenship application or they have to e present 1095 days on the soil of Canada in past 4 years for citizenship eligibility?

Last edited by a moderator: