Travelling to Canada just on Green Card

takes 4-6 months for a passport if you mail it in...I need to get there sooner than that.Its a 3000 mile trip one way so its not just a drive.I need to get on a plane.

yes,the laws changed drastically this year but they seem to not know anything about it as their passport office cant handle and never bothered to prepare for the predictable demand increase....cdn consulate here in la has no excuse for not knowing what documents you can and cant travel with...that is attrocious.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do they do at POE at Niagra Falls to GC holder? I am sure you have to show the GC. What else? Is it like International airport? Do you have to go through all Int. procedures? Way in and back.

I have traveled to Toronto 2 times this past December 2007. All with only my GC. No problems at the Canadian side nor the US side.

I flew Continental.

On returning back, did you have to go through the custom, imigration etc or just like domestic flight here straight go to baggaje claim?

Moving to Windsor

Hi - Has anyone moved to Windsor from U.S. with the Greencard? I would like to relocate to Windsor end of this year and commute to Detroit once a week. I'm working for an American company at RenCen building, but I want to be with my wife who does not have a visa to the U.S. at this moment (for another year or two). I'd like to know, 1) what kind of visa/immigration status I should apply for, since I'll be in Windsor for at least a year or two? 2) Do I need to pay tax for both countries? and 3) Is it difficult to do this?

If you have an experience something similar to my case, please help.

Traveling with Expired Greencard and Extension NOA

Has anyone traveled to and from Canada with an expired conditional US Greencard and NOA extending its validity by one year? Have you encountered any problems? Do Canadian border officials recognize and accept the extension letter or would an explanation be necessary? Please share your experiences.

just out of curiousity

triple, whatare your experiences while travelling back to canada for first time since becoming pr in us..?