Traveling India through Frankfurt.

ba1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi.
I am planning india trip through Frankfurt. Just now i called travel agent for tickets, he told i need a trisit visa to go through Frankfurt. Is that right. I know for UK we need trasit visa, i dont know about Frankfurt. I am going on AP.

Thanks
5/2002 still waiting for FP.

ba1234

I believe that if you don't have a valid visa in your PP then you need a Transit visa for Germany. Only if you going through Amsterdem, You don't need it.

Hi.
But when i called German Coun. in Atlanta, they told if i have AP not trasit visa required. Now i am confused.

5/2002 still waiting for FP

bal1234

I would think an AP is the same as visa. Hence the German consulate said that you will not require a transit visa.

This is my assumption. Please treat it as such.

HTH

What German Consulate said was correct

Last month, I went to India through Frankfurt Germany in Air-India on Advance Parole. My visa was already expired. I called German consulate in Atlanta. They said no need. I called Air-India, they said we need transit visa. I followed German Consulate words and went to INDIA and came back with out any problem.
So final decision is yours.

RS100
"We can get everything in life we want, if we help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

Transit vsia

Can anyone of you send me the numbers to call or the link so I can found out if I need the transit visa or no? I'm planning to travel thry lufhthansa airlines..via franfurt.

Me and My wife took a trip to India last DEC on AP thro Lufthansa. AP was OK at that time and we didn't have visa since we were being in AOS. I don't whether the rule changed now. Call Lufthansa, I am sure they can tell.

My Brother-in-law and my sister travelled from Atlanta to Chennai through Frankfurt with AP twice last year. Their visa got expired in Dec 2002. But I don't know whether the rule has changed since 2004.

No need for Transit Visa if you have AP

I had the same dilemma when my wife was travelling last month. Called the German consulate in Atlanta and also got the e-mail from them.

She travelled with the transit visa as she is stopping just to change flights.

Got Stamping on Passport do I need Transit Visa

I recently got my I 485 approval and stamping done recently however I need to travel to India via frankfurt ,Do I need transit Visa? has anyone gone with just the stamping it that recognised by officials there?
please let me know
Thanks

In dec 2003 when i was coming back to US. The emirates in hyderabad gave me boarding passes for the flights to dubai and also to london. But in dubai before boarding the flight to london they stopped me because i didnt have transint visa for UK( I AM ON AP). As the emirates in hyderabad didnt informed me about the transit visa, the emirates in dubai arranged us tickets in lufthansa flight via frankfurt to US. So i don't think you need transit visa going via frankfurt or amsterdam unless rules have changed in 2004.