travel to india with criminal record

hmrose

Registered Users (C)
im a green card holder.in nov '06 i had charged with petty theft misdemenor in shoplifting case in CA.no prior criminal records. After the negotiations ,in april '07 court offered me INFRACTION(490.1 penal code). 490.1 has no jail time.punishable only with fines.
Now im planning for a vacation to my country this dec or jan.

---->please tell me can i travel to my country n come back to US safely with infraction on my criminal records. do i hav a slightest possibility for inadmissibility

----> do any one in this forum travelled and came back to US with the same problem .

please reply me.im in despair..........

If it is only a minor infraction that you pleaded guilty to then you do not have to worry. They will not ask you anything at reentry. Probably, it has already been gone from your criminal record and will not even show up on a background check. So do not worry and travel freely.
MGM

im a green card holder.in nov '06 i had charged with petty theft misdemenor in shoplifting case in CA.no prior criminal records. After the negotiations ,in april '07 court offered me INFRACTION(490.1 penal code). 490.1 has no jail time.punishable only with fines.
Now im planning for a vacation to my country this dec or jan.

---->please tell me can i travel to my country n come back to US safely with infraction on my criminal records. do i hav a slightest possibility for inadmissibility

----> do any one in this forum travelled and came back to US with the same problem .

please reply me.im in despair..........