Travel to Europe on GC

tangliang

Registered Users (C)
I recently got my GC and plan to travel to Europe for vacation. What type of document shall I prepare to apply for visa? Since I am going to visit serveral Euopean countries, shall I apply visa for each country?

I plan to visit Great Britain, France, Belgium, Italy, Switerland, Holland.. Maybe some other countries, I haven\'t decided yet.

Please advise if you have similiar experience.

No Title

Call the embassy of the first country you plan to visit and inquire about visa. You may be able to get Shengen visa covering the number of European countries.

No Title

Call the embassy of the first country you plan to visit and inquire about visa. You may be able to get Shengen visa covering the number of European countries.

I got this list of countries from a German website

List of countries participating on the Schengen treaty.

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.

Countries can, as an emergency, limit the application of the Schengen treaty (Spain and Italy did it for a few weeks when hosting international economic forums, and I believe Belgium planned or did it for a brief period).

What all countries can I visit with a GC?

I mean, what all countries don\'t need visa if you are a GC holder? I know Canada is one of them.

Thanks folks!

All European countries require a visa except Switzerland

Check the embassy websites - all the info is there.

Same issue here and would like clarification from Gurus

Hi,

This is the first time that I am traveling outside the country since my GC - Italy to be precise. I have got a visa for the trip, and will be carrying my passport and GC.

I hope I have everything covered and can travel without any problems. Am I forgetting anything at all, and have I covered all my bases? I assume since I do NOT have an I-94 anymore,it is a non-issue.

sg

Oh, stuff it

You really need to loosen up, man. "Simply" He asked about visas, he obviously needs one, well I answered.

let\'s not start

What I should have said, I did. And I stand by it. Now, if you don\'t like it that\'s your problem. My advice - relax and deal.

btw why would you ask about visas if you don\'t need one?

No Title

Words are interesting. JoeF\'s caution is warranted.

Some of the information he posted in this particular thread is really useful to me and spared me the need to post a question on the board.

She did have a point though

I\'m visiting here often and get a lot of useful information and from what I seen, Joe F can be rude and insensitive, so too needs to chill. No offence, JoeF

No Title

JoeF is posting on multiple sites, not just here. His/her messages contain useful information the vast majority of the time. Some of the messages in which he/she has been brisker than usual have to do with pranks, multiple posts of the same question accross different groups, unreasonable expectations of help.

In my view this site is a place to get information not sympathy. You are welcome to disagree :)

Your right

Ok, but then why don\'t you create your own site where you make rules? I don\'t think this one prohibit us to post same question. If you don\'t like it, just don\'t answer it, no?

Actually

I don\'t need a visa (see, you assumed) that\'s why I don\'t ask questions about needing one...