Travel to Canada.....HELP Needed

missingyou

Registered Users (C)
I am planning on going to Canada for a short visit. I just got my GC(category AS6). Do I need NP or Re-entry Permit??? If so, which one would be better for using???

Also, what about my family who has the derivative based AS7 GC???

Thanks in advance~~~ :)

missingyou said:
I am planning on going to Canada for a short visit. I just got my GC(category AS6). Do I need NP or Re-entry Permit??? If so, which one would be better for using???

You just need your GC and Rentry permit or NP..it doesnt matter..they just look at your GC.

missingyou said:

You don't need RTD/NP/Rentry Permit to go to canada.Just your GC+your state ID.Same for your family.I have been there sometime on Nov 2005.I had just my New York state Driver Licence and my GC AS6.No problem.Of course on both side they will ask you if you have a passport.Just say '' NO''.It's a routine question related to the job they are being paid for.
Good luck and have a safe trip.

cadel said:
You don't need RTD/NP/Rentry Permit to go to canada.Just your GC+your state ID.Same for your family.I have been there sometime on Nov 2005.I had just my New York state Driver Licence and my GC AS6.No problem.Of course on both side they will ask you if you have a passport.Just say '' NO''.It's a routine question related to the job they are being paid for.
Good luck and have a safe trip.

I thought going by Air requires a passport...?

i just come back from vancouver today by road....CANNT believe they dont allow cooked beef to be brought in.......they said cooked chicken is ok, not beef.....

And they TOOK AWAY my Favourite Chinese spicy boiled beef :( :( :mad:

wantmygcnow said:

I called the Canadian embassy and they said, if you are entering Canada from the USA, you only need GC and an ID whether you are traveling by air or road. If you are entering Canada from any other country, you need GC and passport.

All US perment residents need is their green cards (even a stamp will do) regardless of how they enter (from the US). There is a rumor that the rules are different when you enter by air, but this is a urban legend. Go to the CIC site and check the rules.

As for your boiled beef, have you heard of mad cow's disease? :)

Should have eaten the dam thing before crossing the border. :)

You made me hungry. I am taking the N train to Chinatown. :)

wantmygcnow said:

No boss.The rule applies for both Road and Air when entering canada from USA.When entering canada from another country,of course you will need NP/RTD/Reentry Permit because your country of departure is not gonna let you board the airplaine without any Passport or Travel Document.I think this makes sense.

RD Aug 22,2005
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

if travel to other countries, for instance, western european countries, which one is better for using, NP or Re-entry Permit???

many many thanks~~~ :)

I understood that I will be able to travel with my NP ( of course not to my country) But it will affect my request for citizen?

Thanx

RD: 4/2003
ND: 5/2003
FP: 6/2004
BIO: received on 09/20/2005
RFI: received on 10/10/2005
BIO: taken on 10/18/2005
RFI: received by INS on 11/01/2005
Email aproval:01/13/06
2ND E-mail :01/19/06
Gc Received!!! 01/20/06