Travel outside USA while N400 processing

SF2009

Registered Users (C)
Hi I am eligible to send my N400 on May 15th 2009. I need to go for a vacation to my home country for 4 weeks. I am planning to go as soon as I am done with my finger print ( I will book my ticket after I get the finger print letter). Is it ok to travel after finger print? Is there a problem if I travel while my N400 is in process? Please let me know.

Thanks

The only foreseeable problems are that 1) you could miss your interview letter and date, so have someone check the post for you, and make sure to come back for (or reschedule) your interview, 2) if you have just barely enough physical presence, this could put you over the top, so pay attention. Apart from that, you should be oke.

I did that and had a buddy check my mail every 3 - 4 days. There is absolutely no problems with that. But it is a risk, I had decided to postpone the interview if the dates were too close. But it turned out just fine. i was away for 3 weeks.

4 weeks isn't long enough to cause a problem, as long as you don't miss your fingerprint or interview appointment.

Hi I am eligible to send my N400 on May 15th 2009. I need to go for a vacation to my home country for 4 weeks. I am planning to go as soon as I am done with my finger print ( I will book my ticket after I get the finger print letter). Is it ok to travel after finger print? Is there a problem if I travel while my N400 is in process? Please let me know.

Thanks

SF2009: I traveled to Europe after my FP and prior to my interview. There were no issues. I had to update my application at the time of the interview (the IO asked me if I had left the county since my application and I said yes and gave details). The only concern I can see is what others have already said: That you may get a interview letter and a date that overlaps with your trip (although I think interview dates are usually more than a month after FP).

Can one travel immediately after filing N-400 for say 1 month vacation. The main concern is the FP notice will come in the mail and we may miss the appointment. Is it easy to reschedule or just walk in after the FP appointment date is over to the processing center?

Here is real case scenario..

I booked my tickets to travel abroad for 3 weeks immediate after my application was sent and I am done with my FP and my spouse recd my IL but not mine..

You can track the FP and interview from your city in these forums. As many said you can have your friends check your mail.

Normally FP is within 3-4 weeks of your application and IL can be anywhere between 3-7 months from the application.. Good luck!

I just got my Interview letter. The interview date is 6/8. I have to go to Canada for a week in mid July(7/19). I have 2 concerns:

(1) My interview location is in Irving(6500 campus circle east),TX. Can I request for an Oath on the same day at this location?

(2)If I cannot get an Oath on the same day, I am concerned that after I am approved I will have to wait for the Oath and then the passport to travel to Canada. How long would it normally take to finish Oath & get Passport after Interview? Thanks;

RD 3/10
FP 4/10
IL 5/1
ID 6/8
Oath ??
PP ??

I just got my Interview letter. The interview date is 6/8. I have to go to Canada for a week in mid July(7/19). I have 2 concerns:

(1) My interview location is in Irving(6500 campus circle east),TX. Can I request for an Oath on the same day at this location?
You can request it at interview, but there's no guarantee it will be granted.
(2)If I cannot get an Oath on the same day, I am concerned that after I am approved I will have to wait for the Oath and then the passport to travel to Canada. How long would it normally take to finish Oath & get Passport after Interview? Thanks;

You can travel between interview and oath. You would travel as you previously did.

RD 3/10
FP 4/10
IL 5/1
ID 6/8
Oath ??
PP ??
Standard practice at that location is to conduct interviews in the morning and perform the oath on the afternoon of the same day, assuming of course your case is approved.

I sure hope that is the case. It's really funny that I wait anxiously 10+ years for it and now I'd rather have it postponed.