Travel on Advanced Parole - Need Transit Visa ?

nervewreck

Registered Users (C)
All,

We are planning to travel to India in June-July 2010. As I understand, if the connecting flights are in UK, we need to apply for transit visa.

I have checked the forums and saw that all the transit visa related posts were quite old.

Do we still require to apply for UK Air Transit Visa or Schengen Visa, if we are travelling thru, even though we are not changing any airports ?

Please advise where I can gather the information.

Thanks in advance.
-Nervewreck

If you are an Indian national and hold a valid US visa in your passport, a UK transit visa is not required. If not, a visa is required. Advance Parole is not considered a valid US visa.
See http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit

UK is not a part of Schengen visa system.

Thanks for the quick response nkm-oct23.

My Visa stamp in my passport has expired. Need to travel on Advanced Parole. We are in the process of booking tickets, so checking out my options.

Option 1: transit at Heathrow (London)
Option 2: transit at Paris France.

Are you saying I would need a Schengen Air Transit visa if I choose option 2?

-Nervewreck

If you are worried about Transit Visas and stuff, take one of the direct flights. Since I usually fly to Delhi, the only one I know of is Newark, NJ to Delhi. Its non-stop so when you board, you are in US, when you land, you are in India.
I live on the west coast and have booked SFO -> EWR -> DEL without any problems.

OR, as mentioned above, take a flight over the Pacific instead of the Atlantic.

I advise that you seek expert advise from a firm

Philippines
Office: (+63)2-750-0631
Office: (+63)2-750-0634
Mobile: (+63)917-5935265
Mobile: (+63)917-9258893

United States
Office: (415)287-3308
Office: (415)223-2654