travel on advance parole from Pakistan

JavedG

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine who is at the last step of I-485, carrying an advance parole document, is retuning back from Pakistan in about a week...

Has any1 traveled on advance parole from Pakistan?

- Whats involved in doing that? Does he need to go the consulate to get anything or just those simple papers with pictures will do

- Can whoever has done that share their experience as to any problems at any point. Was there a problem for you at the ticket counter in Pakistan and what about any issues at the immigration POE here?

Thanks in advance

Travel from Pakistan

Javed,

I just came back from Pakistan a few days ago using AP. Your friend does not have to go consulate. I came back via PIA and the key thing is to contact your airline for confirmation. I contacted PIA five days before I was leaving and they asked for 3 passport size pictures, 3 xerox copies of passport (first 4 pages) and 3 copies of AP. The kept one of each. Contact the airline well before the usual 72 hours before flight time.

At the airport in Pakistan I gave one more copy of each at the ticket counter. They will check for papers at least at 4 different spots. The only headache is that you have to show your documents at each of the 4 spots. Other than that there were no issues.

At the USA POE it was very quick. The officer looked at the parole and the passpost and the 1-94 and stamped all three. no questions asked no problems.

Hope it helps