Travel before applying N-400?

Guest168

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am planning to spend 7 weeks vacation back home for my sister baby shower, baby delivery, and my own birthday. I have to take unpaid but it's a happy family event. Is it a bad idea to stay that long before applying N-400?

7 weeks should be fine. It shouldn't interfere with the residency requirement. Just make sure you're not out of the country for 6 months.

My residency requirement is fine. But I am afraid that it will give the IO a bad impression for long vacation and think you still have strong tie to your home country?!!!

:eek:

My residency requirement is fine. But I am afraid that it will give the IO a bad impression for long vacation and think you still have strong tie to your home country?!!!

I went home for 5 months right before applying for my citizenship. Does that tell you anything?

Or maybe it will tell the IO you needed a long vacation before waiting for USCIS to process your application.:D