• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Translated Documents ?

aabel

Hello to everybody !

I'm new here and I have a question for you. My spouse was selected this year for the DV-2011. Born in Romania, she applied as Romanian. But we both live in France with french nationality. So we have most of ours official documents such as bith certificate in french. We asked for an interview in Paris.
Do you think that we need to translate those documents in english ?

Thank you

Hello Dear, Yes I think you should translate all the documents to English language by any approved translators in France ( I mean approved by French government), wish you good luck

Thank you for your quick answer. In fact I have read this on the instruction for selectees page official page :

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

* Translation is accurate, and,
* Translator is competent to translate.

Thank you for your quick answer. In fact I have read this on the instruction for selectees page official page :

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

* Translation is accurate, and,
* Translator is competent to translate.

I am totally agree with these two Translation is accurate and translator is competent to translate other wiese you have to face some problem and due to that your work may be delay.

Hello to everybody !

I'm new here and I have a question for you. My spouse was selected this year for the DV-2011. Born in Romania, she applied as Romanian. But we both live in France with french nationality. So we have most of ours official documents such as bith certificate in french. We asked for an interview in Paris.
Do you think that we need to translate those documents in english ?

Thank you

There is also another forum, only romanians are there www.paginaloteristilor.ro , you can share you concerns there too.

Good luck!

Any document containing foreign language submitted to the USCIS must be accompanied by the full English translation, which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and the translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate from the foreign language into English. The translation must be done by a third party (non-family member).