1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Transit Visa needed for Paris

Discussion in 'Canada-USA Travel and Visa Issues' started by GCcomesoon, Oct 21, 2003.

1. GCcomesoon

GCcomesoon Registered Users (C)

Hello,

I'm travelling to India next month.My current stamped H1 B visa has expired.I intend to stamp my ne H1B visa ( revalidation in India).I plan to fly Delta Airlines which has stop in Paris.

Now the question is - Do I need transit visa for France ?

Pls let me know

Thanks
    Sandeep
  2. clearsky

clearsky Registered Users (C)

As far as I know Yes, that is if you don't have canadian PR card. Check with French embassy before travelling.
  3. vishaal

vishaal New Member

Did you find any answers on this ....."My current stamped H1 B visa has expired.I intend to stamp my ne H1B visa ( revalidation in India).I plan to fly Delta Airlines which has stop in Paris"

let me know,
    Thanks, Vishaal

4. ash_kapoor

ash_kapoor Registered Users (C)

Transit through Paris

Hi,
    I am traveling to Delhi through Paris and was wondering about the Transit visa situation.

Most of the french consulate website says that If you have a valid US visa stamped on your passport then you do not need the Airport Transit Visa.

However, someone mentioned that this rule might only apply if your layover in Paris is less than 6 hrs.

I have a valid US visa when I travelling but my layover in Paris is 7.5 hrs.

Does anyone have any experiences to share with regard to transiting through Paris. Does anyone know if I am required to have a Transit Visa?

Any pointers would be great.

regards and thanks in advance,
    Ashish
  5. kizakka

kizakka Registered Users (C)

if one has a valid h1b multiple entry us visa in the passport
    then paris transit visa is not required

otherwise transit visa for paris (immaterial of time of layover)
    is required