Transfer of I-485 from NSC to Local office

newORLEANS

NCS Transfered my I-485 to Local office? WHY?????

I received the following today…

"On September 21, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ----- for processing. Our office in ----- will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office."

Short history of my case, I wrote to my congressman 3 weeks ago complaining about the delay of my case. Last week I received a respond from the congressman office that my case is complete and being forwarded to IO on Sept 12 for process.

So my questions: Is the transfer of my I-485 to a local office a good thing or should I be worried? :confused:

Also, a friend of mine case was transferred to the local office for an interview and then received his GC shortly after.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006, 9/21/2006
and waiting....

Last edited by a moderator:
newORLEANS said:
I received the following today…

"On September 21, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ----- for processing. Our office in ----- will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office."

Short history of my case, I wrote to my congressman 3 weeks ago complaining about the delay of my case. Last week I received a respond from the congressman office that my case is complete and being forwarded to IO on Sept 12 for process.

So my questions: Is the transfer of my I-485 to a local office a good thing or should I be worried? :confused:

Also, a friend of mine case was transferred to the local office for an interview and then received his GC shortly after.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006, 9/21/2006
and waiting....

Congratulations mr. Your case is moving and that is good. Case transfer to local office is always good because the local office processess cases faster than the service. At the most all other things being equal it takes 6 months or less to hear from them. If you are not aware of big things you did, the interview at the local office is formality. Just name, address and the like, or may be a clarification on a question...good luck...

soory for you new orleans

but....you're gonna be rejected.
they are not want class 2000 - 2001 in this country.

Why do you think of rejection right away?

TOPGUN2000 are you being sarcastic about this matter. I appreciate your feedback; however, you were not clear about “they are not want class 2000 - 2001 in this country”. I didn’t get it… there are few posting in this form by 2000 and 2001 they received their GC after long wait.

Was that you personal experience with a transfer to local office?

It’s a Good sign.
Mine Local office interview was so well. My case was same like you after long wait I contact to our local congresswoman and then I received interview letter from NSC that I case transfer to local office. My Interview went very well and received GC one year backdated at same date.
Good luck to you and everyone.

New LUD in my case.. is it moving somehow?

New LUD changed to todays date :confused:

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006, 9/21/2006
I485 transferred from NSC to local Immg. office 9/21/2006
LUD 9/22/2006

and waiting....

Thanks for your support

Faysal, Mentos and Morning,

Thanks for your support and encourgment. Hope these steps takes me out of the 2000/2001 application curse at NSC.

Do I need to prepare anything in case I am asked for interview?

Faysal, you mentioned that I should be fine unless I did something bad.. The only thing that came to mind that I traveled to UK twice using RTD. Nothing out of order. Is it an issue that I traveled to UK?

We shall see...

Interview Results at the Local Office

I was interviewed last week at the local immigration office. The interview took about 30 minutes. Most of the time the IO was walking out of the office to the copy machine as he made copies of my documents.

Summary of the questions were as follows"
1- Name, age, address, SSN, occupation, spouse, kids, father, mother, education, etc... Nothing up normal.
2- Immunization records. The IO was specifically looking for the Tatinos/Dephitria. At first he could not find it in the recent medical info that I sent USCIS back in Nov 05. I asked him to look behind the “Yellow Evidence Request Sheet” in my file. He sure found it. He told me he was about to send me back and require the medical again (more delay).
3- He copied my NP and RTD and asked if I traveled to other countries beside UK.
4- He copied my marriage certificate, kids passports

At last he told me that he will seek his supervisor signature to approve the case and I should get some in the mail. He also made sure that he has the correct mailing address.

One thing to note; he mentioned that most of the old, approved I-589 applications (1998-2001) has been lost or can’t find them in Nebraska. That what caused all the trouble.

Hope this makes my file move to approval. Is there any follow-up I can do to assure things are moving?

newORLEANS
Congrtulations! One hurdle less for you! :cool:
I asked him to look behind the “Yellow Evidence Request Sheet” in my file. He sure found it. He told me he was about to send me back and require the medical again (more delay).
This is truly pathetic - an IO unable to review the file and getting clues from the client! :(
One thing to note; he mentioned that most of the old, approved I-589 applications (1998-2001) has been lost or can’t find them in Nebraska. That what caused all the trouble.
Am I surprised! :rolleyes: I happen to be one of those unlucky from this category. I never wished any evil to anybody, but in this case I want to see those morons who caused so much grief and pain to so many people hurt very badly and suffer a lot for the rest of thier miserable lives. Of course, I do not intend to cause any harm to them personally - it is my Christmas wish to these distinguished individuals. You mentioned form I-589, which is an application for asylum. Maybe, you're talking about I-485 (adjustment if status)?

newORLEANS said:
I was interviewed last week at the local immigration office. The interview took about 30 minutes. Most of the time the IO was walking out of the office to the copy machine as he made copies of my documents.

Summary of the questions were as follows"
1- Name, age, address, SSN, occupation, spouse, kids, father, mother, education, etc... Nothing up normal.
2- Immunization records. The IO was specifically looking for the Tatinos/Dephitria. At first he could not find it in the recent medical info that I sent USCIS back in Nov 05. I asked him to look behind the “Yellow Evidence Request Sheet” in my file. He sure found it. He told me he was about to send me back and require the medical again (more delay).
3- He copied my NP and RTD and asked if I traveled to other countries beside UK.
4- He copied my marriage certificate, kids passports

At last he told me that he will seek his supervisor signature to approve the case and I should get some in the mail. He also made sure that he has the correct mailing address.

Hope this makes my file move to approval. Is there any follow-up I can do to assure things are moving?

Congrajulations: You will find your greencard at hand within weeks. Most likely the supervisor approved your case. all is needed is that he put his signature on the form. By new year, you will have your greencard....I don't know why he didn't give you temp. card or stamp your passport. I think he was inexperienced IO and wanted to consul his supervisor.

faysal said:
Congrajulations: You will find your greencard at hand within weeks. Most likely the supervisor approved your case. all is needed is that he put his signature on the form. By new year, you will have your greencard....I don't know why he didn't give you temp. card or stamp your passport. I think he was inexperienced IO and wanted to consul his supervisor.

Its been over 4 month since I recieved a notice that my case is transfered to a local office for speedy process. On 11/22 I had an interview and the IO went over my papers. Nothing special happened that day. Now it more than 2 month and nothing happened- not even an update. This is taking more than I bear... any advise on what I should do more to get my GC?

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006, 9/21/2006,
Transfered to local office
LUD 9/24/2006, 9/25/2006
Interview at local office 11/22/06
and waiting....

My case transferd to local office too. DId you get the interview letter from your local office or you called them.

Thanks,

newORLEANS,

Thank you, do you know any way to request for transferring my wife case to local office as well? We applied together but nothing happened to her case even no LUD after finger print.

asylee01 said:
contact the congressman one more time.
It is a good advice!! www.house.gov They would give you an update on your case within about a month.
I have my interview scheduled for this February, and I'm not sure if this is a direct result from a contact to my congressman or just a "natural" flow. Well I'm very nervous. I'm a derivative asylee, I heard they are very suspicious to spouses