Traffic Ticket in construction zone

uachieve

Hello All,

We are about to file our N400. I have four traffic citations between 2004 and 2012 (two from speeding 11 over speed limit, one stop sign related and one on vehicle maintenance) All fines were under USD 255 .

My wife had a speeding ticket in construction zone around 3 1/2 years back. Since it was her first ticket in 10 years, she was put under supervision for three months and paid fine of USD 377. Case report summary from local court house on the traffic incident shows the final amended disposition as "Dismiss/Terminate Supervision". Though in the attached USICS document and also based on the lot of posting on the traffic ticket on this forum that we don't need to attach any documents for fine paid less than USD 500.... Are there are any pros and cons of attaching Case summary reports from court with n400 application?

We are answering "Yes" to question 23 (Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained...) and update with corresponding details under Additional Information .. 29.

If any one have been in similar situation, could you please, provide your suggestion on what would be best approach.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Attachments

• July2008Q&A.pdf
    52.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I had some tickets under 500 and I answered no on the form and my interview already scheduled just waiting for the notice to arrive.
I guess any ticket under 500 shouldn't be attached

Most traffic citations are non-criminal offenses. Also, no need to disclose if under $500. Don't complicate things for yourself. Everybody seems to be afraid, that the govt uses these questions to take away the citizenship away later, because you lied. This is nonsense. The govt has better things to do than to be looking at non criminal traffic infractions that were not disclosed on USCIS applications. :)

Most traffic citations are non-criminal offenses. Also, no need to disclose if under $500. Don't complicate things for yourself. Everybody seems to be afraid, that the govt uses these questions to take away the citizenship away later, because you lied. This is nonsense. The govt has better things to do than to be looking at non criminal traffic infractions that were not disclosed on USCIS applications. :)
Thanks for the replay buddy