Traffic ticket a week before oath!

trrajesh

Registered Users (C)
Yes. I got my oath letter the day after i got a speeding ticket in a different state. Has anyone been thru the experience of traffic tickets between interview and oath? Please post your comments. Thanks

pay the ticket and bring it with you to the ceremony as proof. some here will say you can avoid disclosing it and get away with it as well....and while that may be true, it's my personal recommendation that you take care of it prior to the oath

Speeding tickets don't count either before or after the interview..

Why would you even worry about a small thing like that?

I think traffic tickets are ok. If you are going to pay it might be good to pay and bring the proof of payment to the ceremony, but it is not important. That is what I gather from other people experiences, not my own.

Technically all tickets need to be disclosed, however, traffic violations that are $500 or less and that do not involve drugs, alcohol or excessive bodily injury do not require documentation.

Thanks for your comments..

I'm rushing to pay the fine and get a court receipt. Lets see if we have some other replies..

In my opinion traffic ticket(s) impact on naturalization is a joke. If you don't take care of it you won't have driving privilouge you might be arrested if drive and that is all. I would just ignore it and remember that what you say on naturalization process will be followed. In other word if you mention it IO has to do something about it and I bet most of them don't want to hear about traffic tickets from applicant. I have learned something about any case with government and that is once you say something or put it in writting, government has to check on it even if it is unnessecery.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the introduction to our oath ceremony preparations, an IO actually stood in the front of the room and announced to everyone that minor traffic violations were not an issue in terms of the answers we had to provide on the oath letter questions.

If it was a speeding ticket that did not involve drugs, alcohol, or a fine above $500, I don't think it is necessary to bring it up on your oath form. If it makes you feel any better, you can tell them you received a minor traffic ticket. There is every chance that they will ignore the information and just carry on with processing you for the oath ceremony.

u r over-worrying...traffic violations that are $500 or less and that do not involve drugs, alcohol etc do not require documentation.

take it easy...i know of people who have had minor tickets but never had to disclose before or after interview.