• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking Green card production

deepfrrezed

Registered Users (C)
For DV candidates, can you track status on USCIS? I did CP. what tracking number do I use? where can I find it? What is the link to the site that allows for tracking card production?

since you went through CP USCIS is not processing your case. you can't track your green card through them, they have nothing to do with it.

you will receive your GC shortly after you enter the country with your new immigrant visa..

since you went through CP USCIS is not processing your case. you can't track your green card through them, they have nothing to do with it.

you will receive your GC shortly after you enter the country with your new immigrant visa..

Thank you for the reply.

For the SSN, do I drop by the Social Security Office and request one? Should I wait till the GC to apply for State ID?

You should get a welcome letter 3 weeks after POE. From this point you can track your PR card status. The card should arrive one week later. Applying for a State ID with your temporary I551 stamp in your passport can be very tricky. Depends really on how much knowledge they have at your local DMV office. In my case, when I showed them my passport they response was "OK, where is your I-94"? :confused:

My suggestion: Wait for your plastic card and then go.

This is not true. I went through consular processing to receive my immigrant visa. After I entered the US through a port of entry, USCIS started the procedure to produce my green card. I received several letters from USCIS throgh the mail: a welcome notice and a receipt notice. Both letters contained a receipt number with which I could check the status of my green card on www.uscis.gov. I could track when it was mailed.

I received my replacement SSN card today in the mail box. It just took 11 days to get the replacement SSN card.
No idea how long is gonna take for the welcome letter and the official GC.....

scourtH div

This is not true. I went through consular processing to receive my immigrant visa. After I entered the US through a port of entry, USCIS started the procedure to produce my green card. I received several letters from USCIS throgh the mail: a welcome notice and a receipt notice. Both letters contained a receipt number with which I could check the status of my green card on www.uscis.gov. I could track when it was mailed.

That is correct. In fact, I felt very welcomed because I received the welcome notice twice. :)