Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

Yes, TSC IO said, she will be sending note to adjudicator to find the biometric for my son case and she asked me to call back on Friday. If biometric were not uploaded by Firday, then for safer side visit local office on October 1st for another biometrics.

Hi still alive,
I got mail just now that my son's card production ordered and daughter's message is transferred to TSC.
Will wait for this week before calling IO. USCIS is creazy!

My 485 was approved on 07/16/2007 and my wife's 485 is still pending. I went to infopass 2 times and no luck. They say all cleared and the IO at infopass tell me that Name check clear, security check clear. Its still not assigned to any officer. I have also opened enquiry with USCIS and the funny thing is that i have never received a letter till date.

I just now spoke again to an IO and she tell me that i have to wait till 10/01 as there are no visa numbers available. But the Oct visa bulletin is already out, but the lady still says that i have to wait till 10/01.

Anyways, this is my story.... Still waiting for GREEN

Just another LUD but same old status message that the acse is transferred to Texas and its pending....
Asssuming this LUD happened after talking to the IO last week. I shall try to talk someone first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks

This mean, your son and daughter gave biometric on last Saturday and today your son got "card production" email and your daughter still say "transfered to another location", is that correct.

Hi still alive,
I got mail just now that my son's card production ordered and daughter's message is transferred to TSC.
Will wait for this week before calling IO. USCIS is creazy!

Good call. I would do the same. Hopefully it'll have been uploaded by the end of this week and everything is good to go. Keep us posted.

Yes, TSC IO said, she will be sending note to adjudicator to find the biometric for my son case and she asked me to call back on Friday. If biometric were not uploaded by Firday, then for safer side visit local office on October 1st for another biometrics.

I'll really, really keep my fingers crossed for you so you will hear something good by the end of this month -- considering your PD is EB3 India. I'll add your info in the spreadsheet later. Keep us all posted.

Spouse (derivative) still pending.

My case was approved on 9/17/07 and my husband's case is still pending. We called couple of times in the last week. Every time we called, we got the same answer that my husband's case is pre-adjudicated, with the officer, waiting for a visa number. Don't know whether I am supposed to be happy about the consistent response from the officers. I don't know when this long wait will come to an end.

Primary - EB3 India Feb 5, 2003
I-485 filed - March 15, 2004
FP1 - Nov 2004
FP2 - Aug 2007
I-485 AD - 9/17/07
Spouse
I-485 filed - March 15, 2004
FP1 - Nov 2004
FP2 - Aug 2007
LUD - 8/23/07, 8/31/07, 9/21/07 AD: ?????? (Will it happen before the end of fy2007??)

Primary GC approved (EB3), 485 approved, Permanent Resident Card received.

Derivative (Secondary) not approved yet, on EAD/AP.

Can primary switch employers? Will it cause any issues to the derivative petition?

Thanks
smile_all

Once primary is approved, his/her job change should not affect derivative's approvability. However, since employment-based GC is always about future employment, as a common rule of thumb goes you (primary) better stay with the sponsor employer for at least 6 months after your approval, which is generally considered to be good enough to show your good intent. This is especially true if you plan to apply for citizenship in five years from now.

Primary GC approved (EB3), 485 approved, Permanent Resident Card received.

Derivative (Secondary) not approved yet, on EAD/AP.

Can primary switch employers? Will it cause any issues to the derivative petition?

Thanks
smile_all

Once primary is approved, his/her job change should not affect derivative's approvability. However, since employment-based GC is always about future employment, as a common rule of thumb goes you (primary) better stay with the sponsor employer for at least 6 months after your approval, which is generally considered to be good enough to show your good intent. This is especially true if you plan to apply for citizenship in five years from now.

Please clarify.

OK so it is not a problem at all to the secondary(derivative)?
However you are saying that during filing citizenship they ask till when the primary pursued with the GC sponsorer?
And if the primary left the GC sponsorer before 6 months pf approval then the Citizenship petition may work against us?
Also why is there no issue when commonly ppl say you can even switch employers after 6 months of 485 application itself(AC portability, etc)?
So there is no problem if ppl switch before GC approval(6 mos after 485 petition) and there is after GC approval (within 6 mos of GC approval)? weird? (Please explaing)

Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed you have a thread running about this... and I think people responding there said it better and clearer than I.

AC21 is, as you said, somewhat contradictory. Then again, that's something that happens before approval. Approval is on the assumption that you will be "permanently" working for the sponsor, so I guess that's the difference and even if you switch your job via AC21, you still better stay with that employer for 6 months +. That's at least my understanding.

Please clarify.

OK so it is not a problem at all to the secondary(derivative)?
However you are saying that during filing citizenship they ask till when the primary pursued with the GC sponsorer?
And if the primary left the GC sponsorer before 6 months pf approval then the Citizenship petition may work against us?
Also why is there no issue when commonly ppl say you can even switch employers after 6 months of 485 application itself(AC portability, etc)?
So there is no problem if ppl switch before GC approval(6 mos after 485 petition) and there is after GC approval (within 6 mos of GC approval)? weird? (Please explaing)

Thanks a lot

Boom, one more down

I got this message for my son just now, only my spouse is separated now
=============================

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 24, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

w00t!

Congrats! So looks like it happens right after the FP.

I got this message for my son just now, only my spouse is separated now
=============================

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 24, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

And better to follow-up with TSC-IO to make sure FP results are uploaded in their system. I was suppose to give FP today as per first FP notice, since I gave on 19th, got CO message today.

I guess I can shred my son's second FP notice scheduled again on Oct 1st or as well use to visit local office to check my spouse case status :)

Congrats! So looks like it happens right after the FP.

Update

Okay... something is seriously fucked up. Every time I clicked on the "Manage Attachment" button, I got a goddamn pop-up window (which is apparently some sort of chatroom?) along with dull music (but no duller than that POJ waiting one). Am I dreaming, is the forum simply wonky, or what?

Anyway, for now I put the update here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pW30xfSjyT-x8g231dL8PYg

I've never used this google spreadsheet thing before, so bear with me. I'll try to figure out a bit more how it works. Let me know if your case is not added there yet even though you posted your info in the thread.

RFE for medical

Hi All,

Today my lawyer received RFE for medical for my son (8 years old). I was under the impression that medical is not required for minors, since when we filed for our I-485 thru this same goddamned lawyer, we were not asked to do medical for my son. Looks like I am wrong or the rules have changed.

Have any of you did medicals for your kids.

that is strange, I got CO message for 7 year son today, he had to give biometrics for that no RFE for anybody so far

Hi All,

Today my lawyer received RFE for medical for my son (8 years old). I was under the impression that medical is not required for minors, since when we filed for our I-485 thru this same goddamned lawyer, we were not asked to do medical for my son. Looks like I am wrong or the rules have changed.

I didn't experience kids application myself, but as far as I-693's instruction (revised 9/16/2005) goes, it does sound like they ask for medicals for kids (not all items, depending on their age)... I don't know if it also was the case before.

Hi All,

I'll really, really keep my fingers crossed for you so you will hear something good by the end of this month -- considering your PD is EB3 India. I'll add your info in the spreadsheet later. Keep us all posted.

geofu54, sarwarmd,

Thanks for your comments. Do you think I need to take any action regarding my husband's case? Should I contact my congressman? Will it make any difference? Thank you for your input.

EB3 INDIA PD: Feb 5, 2003
I485 ND - Mar 15,2004
FP1 - Nov 2004
FP2 - Aug 2007
Primary I485 approved - Sep 17, 2007
Card Mailed - Sep 25, 2007
Spouse I485 approved - ??????

Hi All,

You have to do the medical for kids irrespective of their age. If you have not submitted the medical, you will get an RFE. Even kids have to do the biometrics, which generaly done after the approval of primary or some times earlier than that. I am surprised to see your attorney doesn't know it!

tried to call IO

I tried to call the TSC and follow all the basic inputs to reach the IO, but for some reason for the last 3 days i get the same message that "No IO available at this time, transferring to the National Service Center". Anybody experiencing the same thing?

mvnm00,
try after sometime. I spoke to an officer this morning. So it is possible that when you called all the officers were busy.