Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

still spouse 485 pending

My 485 was approved on 07/16/2007 and my wife's 485 is still pending. I went to infopass 2 times and no luck. They say all cleared and the IO at infopass tell me that Name check clear, security check clear. Its still not assigned to any officer. I have also opened enquiry with USCIS and the funny thing is that i have never received a letter till date.

I just now spoke again to an IO and she tell me that i have to wait till 10/01 as there are no visa numbers available. But the Oct visa bulletin is already out, but the lady still says that i have to wait till 10/01.

Anyways, this is my story.... Still waiting for GREEN

Probably all

My 485 was approved on 07/16/2007 and my wife's 485 is still pending. I went to infopass 2 times and no luck. They say all cleared and the IO at infopass tell me that Name check clear, security check clear. Its still not assigned to any officer. I have also opened enquiry with USCIS and the funny thing is that i have never received a letter till date.

I just now spoke again to an IO and she tell me that i have to wait till 10/01 as there are no visa numbers available. But the Oct visa bulletin is already out, but the lady still says that i have to wait till 10/01.

Anyways, this is my story.... Still waiting for GREEN

Probably all of us need to be patient until atleast 10/01. But I remember like seeing one derivative having approval recently. How did that get approval before 10/01 in that case.
Your case is not transfered to TSC. Case will become strong if it is transferred to some other service centre. It is my understanding that any service centre need to make a decision on the case within 180 days after receiving a case from a different service centre.

Looks like its been 8 days since you got that message for your son, I also got the similar message. Please update when ever you notice an LUD change since FP.
My son given FP yesterday (19th) and got LUD on the same day and again today(20th) LUD with the same message.

Sure i will update StillAlive - No LUD for my son after 09/13/07

I talked to a nice TSC lady Immigration Officer today. She told that everything is ready with my son but waiting for visa. He has to wait for October. I told her check up your shelfs and you will find at least of visa numbers. You guys wasted 10k visas last year!! She was laughing for one minutes. Then she said how come he was separated with your case?
I told her teenager always create problems. I don't know you have teenager or not! He was 12y when we filed I 485 and USCIS never care to get his biometric. Now he just turned to 14Y and without biometric his case was left behind.

She was really nice. I told her my priority (principle applicant's) date is not current in OCT. Will they approve derivative's case? She said may be they will allot visa in Oct as principle is already approved. Bottom line she was not sure.

Please post here, if any one has information for this matter.

Any status/LUD changes prior to FP

After morning FP for my son, I got following CRIS email and LUD, before this he had "Approval Notice sent" message

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On March 15, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

StillAlive,
Have your son had any LUD/status changes before receiving finger printing notice!
Or did you have approval on your son's case before receiving FP notice!

See my signature,

He got approved on August 28th, FP received and given this week

StillAlive,
Have your son had any LUD/status changes before receiving finger printing notice!
Or did you have approval on your son's case before receiving FP notice!

Derivative approvability is also constrained by the visa bulletin even when primary is approved, and as far as I know, there is no official/legal exception to minors' cases (but I'm not 100% sure -- who knows for sure what CIS is actually doing). So if they already allotted a number to your son's case and are in time for approving it by the end of fiscal year, great. Otherwise... it will be retrogressed come October. I hope the former is what will happen - family cases being separated is already bad, and those left behind being retrogressed while waiting is even worse. Crossing fingers for you.

I told her my priority (principle applicant's) date is not current in OCT. Will they approve derivative's case? She said may be they will allot visa in Oct as principle is already approved. Bottom line she was not sure.

Please post here, if any one has information for this matter.

Family seperated cases should get priority over fresh cases

Derivative approvability is also constrained by the visa bulletin even when primary is approved, and as far as I know, there is no official/legal exception to minors' cases (but I'm not 100% sure -- who knows for sure what CIS is actually doing). So if they already allotted a number to your son's case and are in time for approving it by the end of fiscal year, great. Otherwise... it will be retrogressed come October. I hope the former is what will happen - family cases being separated is already bad, and those left behind being retrogressed while waiting is even worse. Crossing fingers for you.
geofu54,
You are right. What I am thinking that they will give priority to family seperated cases when the visa number becomes available. This is my just guess.

Guyz

I have given biometrics of my 7 year old son, but within weeks time I received another biometrics notice, should I ignore or take some action

no need to ignore

Guyz

I have given biometrics of my 7 year old son, but within weeks time I received another biometrics notice, should I ignore or take some action

There is no need to ignore the notice. Have the second fp done for your son. I heard that fp images may fail some times. Probably that is what happened.

I think it is duplicate, first one was scheduled for 25th Sept (received on 17th) and second one is scheduled for oct 1 (received on 23rd) , but I gave his first FP in advance on 19th sept.

There is no need to ignore the notice. Have the second fp done for your son. I heard that fp images may fail some times. Probably that is what happened.

To take a safe side I would call to make sure if the one your son gave the other day has already been uploaded in the system and ask for their explanation why they sent you another notice right after the first one. I think it is most likely an error, but then again you wouldn't want to simply ignore notices from CIS when the case is still pending.

I think it is duplicate, first one was scheduled for 25th Sept (received on 17th) and second one is scheduled for oct 1 (received on 23rd) , but I gave his first FP in advance on 19th sept.

Sure, I will call them. when I called them on Friday TSC IO said, she will let adjudicator know that biometrics are given, so that he can find them and linked to the case (don't they have automated solution for this :confused: ).
I believe duplicate notice could be resultant of Info pass and congressman sending email to TSC at the same time.

Anyway I will give call to TSC on Monday, should I even go to local office just to follow the text in biometrics notice?

To take a safe side I would call to make sure if the one your son gave the other day has already been uploaded in the system and ask for their explanation why they sent you another notice right after the first one. I think it is most likely an error, but then again you wouldn't want to simply ignore notices from CIS when the case is still pending.

case too pending

See my signature,

He got approved on August 28th, FP received and given this week

My daughter and son's 485 approved on august 31,same as you, and got FP last week, I did FP for them on last saturday and today I see that the case transferred to TSC on March 15. what does it mean, any idea what is to be done? did you contact the IO?

You try to call couple of days after biometrics, looks like they have to manually find biometrics and link to our case. same thing is told todays IO on the phone, she also told me to call back this friday. Good luck

My daughter and son's 485 approved on august 31,same as you, and got FP last week, I did FP for them on last saturday and today I see that the case transferred to TSC on March 15. what does it mean, any idea what is to be done? did you contact the IO?

Spouse (derivative) still pending.

My case was approved on 9/17/07 and my husband's case is still pending. We called couple of times in the last week. Every time we called, we got the same answer that my husband's case is pre-adjudicated, with the officer, waiting for a visa number. Don't know whether I am supposed to be happy about the consistent response from the officers. I don't know when this long wait will come to an end.

Primary - EB3 India Feb 5, 2003
I-485 filed - March 15, 2004
FP1 - Nov 2004
FP2 - Aug 2007
I-485 AD - 9/17/07
Spouse
FP1 - Nov 2004
FP2 - Aug 2007
LUD - 8/23/07, 8/31/07, 9/21/07 AD: ?????? (Will it happen before the end of fy2007??)

Did you call, StillAlive?

Sure, I will call them. when I called them on Friday TSC IO said, she will let adjudicator know that biometrics are given, so that he can find them and linked to the case (don't they have automated solution for this :confused: ).
I believe duplicate notice could be resultant of Info pass and congressman sending email to TSC at the same time.

Anyway I will give call to TSC on Monday, should I even go to local office just to follow the text in biometrics notice?

my wife's case got RFE

Just an update on my wife's case. I just received an email about RFE being issued on my wife's case. I am hoping it to be for something related to Medical and can be answered easily. I will update about it soon.

My case was approved on 09/17/07 and waiting for the card to arrive.

this is not bad news

Spouse (derivative) still pending.

My case was approved on 9/17/07 and my husband's case is still pending. We called couple of times in the last week. Every time we called, we got the same answer that my husband's case is pre-adjudicated, with the officer, waiting for a visa number. Don't know whether I am supposed to be happy about the consistent response from the officers. I don't know when this long wait will come to an end.

Primary - EB3 India Feb 5, 2003
FP1 - Nov 2004
FP2 - Aug 2007
I-485 AD - 9/17/07
Spouse
FP1 - Nov 2004
FP2 - Aug 2007
LUD - 8/23/07, 8/31/07, 9/21/07 AD: ?????? (Will it happen before the end of fy2007??)

This is not a bad news at all. Keep your fingers crossed and follow the instructions which you received when you called uscis.

Yes, TSC IO said, she will be sending note to adjudicator to find the biometric for my son case and she asked me to call back on Friday. If biometric were not uploaded by Firday, then for safer side visit local office on October 1st for another biometrics.

Did you call, StillAlive?