Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

Sounds like they ask for some additional vaccination?

From what you say, it sounds like that for some reason your spouse skipped some vaccination that given her age should have been taken and they ask her to take it. If so, it should be a straight-forward medical RFE.

As you may be aware, we don't have to take all the vaccinations listed by the CIS/CDC. Other than having previous vaccination records, one major reason you don't have to is some vaccinations are age-specific. You can see in I-693 supplemental form a column that indicates "not appropriate age" as a reason why applicants can reasonably skip certain vaccinations. Conversely, if it's NOT "not appropriate age" then you are supposed to take it. I might be wrong, but hopefully all she needs to do is just take whatever vaccination they are asking for.

The lawyer got the rfe finally. he is going to fax us a copy later today. It states the applicant was not current for age-specific immunizations. Any idea what this is?

That's one of the weirdest REFs for dependents I've ever seen... I can understand it if she is working on EAD and they ask for her tax return/w-2, but they are asking for those things of the approved primary's? I'm not quite sure what they are looking for. Can your attorney explain why CIS issued this RFE? Hopefully though, replying to this REF will push her case forward.

Funny thing is in our case, my spouce got the RFE for

2006 Tax Returns
Last W2...of primary and spouce..
Last Three pay stubs of primary

This received on October 30th, attorny is sending me now...Need to head to his office and make sure it goes.

From what you say, it sounds like that for some reason your spouse skipped some vaccination that given her age should have been taken and they ask her to take it. If so, it should be a straight-forward medical RFE.

As you may be aware, we don't have to take all the vaccinations listed by the CIS/CDC. Other than having previous vaccination records, one major reason you don't have to is some vaccinations are age-specific. You can see in I-693 supplemental form a column that indicates "not appropriate age" as a reason why applicants can reasonably skip certain vaccinations. Conversely, if it's NOT "not appropriate age" then you are supposed to take it. I might be wrong, but hopefully all she needs to do is just take whatever vaccination they are asking for.

Thanks !! We checked yesterday and the doctor did attach a supplemental form and said "not appropriate age". I am not sure what they are asking again. The surprising thing is my I-693 looks exactly same to my wifes and my case was approved in august. I am going to check with lawyer and the doctor tomorrow.

That's one of the weirdest REFs for dependents I've ever seen... I can understand it if she is working on EAD and they ask for her tax return/w-2, but they are asking for those things of the approved primary's? I'm not quite sure what they are looking for. Can your attorney explain why CIS issued this RFE? Hopefully though, replying to this REF will push her case forward.

Might be they want to know, if we are still husband and wife...Dint get a chance to ask why they send such kind....But he replied to the RFE....

It is possible

Might be they want to know, if we are still husband and wife...Dint get a chance to ask why they send such kind....But he replied to the RFE....

What you said could be correct!
In my case, I have received my plastic card couple of months ago. I am yet to file my tax returns for 2006. I have paid extra taxes for state as well as federal. I am expecting returns when I file the returns. Had USCIS asked for my tax returns that would have become a mess for me.

My spouse got this message this week, I will update once some thing received

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On November 26, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Will be calling next week

As per USCIS IOs, I am suppose to call them if I do not hear a decision for my kid of 9+ by the end of the this week end.
Any thoughts or suggestions please!

The PD is not current for you, is this even possible?

As per USCIS IOs, I am suppose to call them if I do not hear a decision for my kid of 9+ by the end of the this week end.
Any thoughts or suggestions please!

Hi sarwarmd,

your PD is now not current, still can they approve the dependent cases this week? I am in the same boat and waiting for my wife's case. I never called TSC IIO for my wife's case assuming to get the answer of "NO visa Available".

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Give a call

Hi sarwarmd,

your PD is now not current, still can they approve the dependent cases this week? I am in the same boat and waiting for my wife's case. I never called TSC IIO for my wife's case assuming to get the answer of "NO visa Available".

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

I would say give them a call.

My spouse case status changed yesterday afternoon. Is this standard process to call for interview for spouses of EB category? Any thing to prepare for the interview other than taking federal tax returns. Also, I am not with the sponsoring employee any more. Will they ask my spouse about my current employer as I am the primary.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On December 3, 2007, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

In most employment-based cases interview is waived. Sometimes though they ask for it. The reason is various but it often seems similar to that in REF (sometimes reading the forums makes me wonder why CIS guys didn't do this via REF).

One recent post is about interview.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=269829

My spouse case status changed yesterday afternoon. Is this standard process to call for interview for spouses of EB category? Any thing to prepare for the interview other than taking federal tax returns. Also, I am not with the sponsoring employee any more. Will they ask my spouse about my current employer as I am the primary.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On December 3, 2007, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

Also, EAD renewal card is ordered on 11/28 and received on 12/06 with an approval date of 11/28. Originial EAD expired on Oct 24th. Will this be an issue in interview for I485? My spouse called multiple times before Oct 24th and asked if he can continue working? The IO said it is between you and employer, if we approve the EAD we will approve from old EAD expirty date. But they did not stick to their word.

wrong thread

Also, EAD renewal card is ordered on 11/28 and received on 12/06 with an approval date of 11/28. Originial EAD expired on Oct 24th. Will this be an issue in interview for I485? My spouse called multiple times before Oct 24th and asked if he can continue working? The IO said it is between you and employer, if we approve the EAD we will approve from old EAD expirty date. But they did not stick to their word.

You are asking that question in a wrong thread. Please find out the correct thread. I think your spouse do not have any issue on EAD and he is ok for i-485 and all purposes. Please find out the correct thread and closely matching cases.

My GC got approved on oct 9th. But my spouse's application is still pending. Now that the date's retrogressed, would my spouse will also be affected? My PD is oct 2003 India EB2. She called TSC and also took infopass both the times IO said that the namecheck was cleared during end of october but not assigned to an officer as of Nov.30th. With that I am assuming that visa # is also not allocated. Does anyone has any advice on what else can I do to speed up her approval or do I need to wait till PD is current again? If I change my job after the 6 month wait would it affect my wife's application?

wife still pending

my pd 2/2002, lapproved - 1/06,140 - 5/2006, 485 rd - 6/06, 485 approved 11/05/07

it has been a month since my gc got approved my wife has the same priority dates but her application did not get approved. her lud did not change too. called tsc , std reply they told i should receive some response in 45 days.
any thoughts? anybody in same situation? i did not receive any rfe.

So does that mean the IO said her NC had gotten cleared?

my pd 2/2002, lapproved - 1/06,140 - 5/2006, 485 rd - 6/06, 485 approved 11/05/07

it has been a month since my gc got approved my wife has the same priority dates but her application did not get approved. her lud did not change too. called tsc , std reply they told i should receive some response in 45 days.
any thoughts? anybody in same situation? i did not receive any rfe.

Options after talking to CS representative

Hi All,
I have called again USCIS (after waiting for more than 60 days) this morning regarding my 9+ old daughter. He has opened a new SR for me now. This is my 2nd service request on the same case. But this customer service representative gave me 2 options. One option which I have is to wait until the new target date of 01-10-2008 before calling again or he also said that I can take the InfoPass appointment and have the inquiry done.
Can you please suggest me that what is the good thing for to do now!
Thanks,

I had a funny experience with TSC IO on my last call. She ask me "Do you know your spouse NC is cleared?".

I was about to laugh, she is the one who supposed to know more than me. But told her my congressman letter about NC completed. Then she said VISA number is not available for your country, so your spouse cannot be approved at this time.

Bottom line, don't know we should count on what IO says about NC over the phone.

Infopass appointment on Friday

Hi,
I have taken the InfoPass appointment for this Friday at 9am. Can you please suggest any DOs or DO NOTs!