Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

What is the difference between SR (Service Request) and IO(?). I created an SR for my spouse this morning. My case was approved on Sep 17,2007 but spouse case still pending.

EB-2, TSC -> 11/9/2006
485 last LUD 2/21/2007

Congrats reason!

baigimran, IO is an abbrev of immigration officers. People talk to them by calling TSC or making an infopass appointment. If you look around in the forum, you'll see "talk to an IO" "IO was nice/rude" etc comments.

Any idea if her security check is cleared?

Hi,
My wife had raised SR on Aug 25th 07, and we received a response today (oct 4th). Its the usual "case under additional review - wait for 6 months" response.

hah - at least now we don't have to bother until march next year.

no_idEAS

Any idea if her security check is cleared?
I am not sure about security check but the lady was nice. She told me that spouse case is somehow got seperated from mine. She took detailed information for both cases and told that hopefully case will be approved soon. Call took approximately 10-15 minutes.

I called at 6AM PST which is probably around 8AM texas time. She may have just started her day thats why she was nice. So I think it is good to call early morning.

EB-2, TSC -> 11/9/2006
485 last LUD 2/21/2007

How do you check if name Check is cleared.
Is INFO Pass the only way because none of the IO in immigration Department are ready to tell me that?

Status Request acknowledgement

Today, I have received an email indicating the following message. This is about Status Request Acknowledgement. Can you please share your thoughts on this if you have any!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Your recent inquiry (receipt #EAC-05-199-xxxxxxxx)
Medium risk You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:
Tue 10/09/07 3:23 PM
To:
xxxxxxxxx@HOTMAIL.COM

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Emailed to xxxxxx@HOTMAIL.COM

Dear xxxxxx:

On 09/18/2007 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Person who contacted us:
-- xxxx,xxxxx

Caller indicated they are:
-- Parent or Guardian

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 07/08/2005

Receipt #:
-- EAC-05-199-5xxxxx

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- xxxxxxxxx

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.
XM0210

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on that form. If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. If you move, please call us with your new address information as soon as your move is complete. If you have already called us and given us this information, you do not need to call again.

Did you get this email for a service request raised recently? If yes how long it took for them to response?

Today, I have received an email indicating the following message. This is about Status Request Acknowledgement. Can you please share your thoughts on this if you have any!

22 days but no updates on second Status Request

Did you get this email for a service request raised recently? If yes how long it took for them to response?

As per signature,

- 9/18/7 + 10/8/7 = 22 days.
But I do not have any information or update on other second daughter's another Status Request.

First time hearing about email reply, I always use to receive by mail.

Regarding response, my spouse received extended review 2 months ago still waiting. Review means they don't want to talk about this case now, wait for your turn ;) its only my guess.

As per signature,

- 9/18/7 + 10/8/7 = 22 days.
But I do not have any information or update on other second daughter's another Status Request.

Concerned about Second status Request

First time hearing about email reply, I always use to receive by mail.

Regarding response, my spouse received extended review 2 months ago still waiting. Review means they don't want to talk about this case now, wait for your turn ;) its only my guess.

Yea, one thing is that uscis guys may not be predictable. Organization itself is ocean. But I am wondering that why there is no lud and email for my second Status Request when I have for the first status Request.

Myself and my friend raised SR request on the same day, he got SR reply "under review" and LUD. My spouse received "extended review" and no LUD.

We can only come up with some logic analyzing what happened to previous cases, but USCIS still beat us with new innovated logic.

There is a saying "one cannot guess womens mind", but now it could be changed "no one can guess how USCIS work". They are so brilliant to be consistently inconsistent.

Yea, one thing is that uscis guys may not be predictable. Organization itself is ocean. But I am wondering that why there is no lud and email for my second Status Request when I have for the first status Request.

Last edited by a moderator:
SR info

Myself and my friend raised SR request on the same day, he got SR reply "under review" and LUD. My spouse received "extended review" and no LUD.

We can only come up with some logic analyzing what happened to previous cases, but USCIS still beat us with new innovated logic.

There is a saying "one cannot guess womens mind", but now it could be changed "no one can guess how USCIS work". They are so brilliant to be consistently inconsistent.
Probably, you are right!
1) What is SR about your friend! Was it done for kids or spouse! If it is for his/her kid, how old the kid is?
2) How did you know about Extended Review of your spouse case?

1) What is SR about your friend! Was it done for kids or spouse! If it is for his/her kid, how old the kid is?
-> It was for himself, primary is still pending. (You still not giving up analyzing ;))

2) How did you know about Extended Review of your spouse case?
-> We got service response in mail.

Ignore the SR response

Opened SR for myself and spouse. Never recd. any response/LUD for mine. Recd. response for spouse after two months saying some "Extended Review". Before receiving the SR response for spouse, her application had been approved. So don't even trouble yourself trying to find a method in this madness...

Cheers !!!

Hi All,

My case similiar to many on this thread..Husband's(primary applicant) GC approved on 8/7/07. Mine(spouse derivative) still pending.

In the middle of all of this, I have to travel to India for an urgent work in Nov for a couple of weeks. I have a stamped H1b and an AP through Jan'08. My question is, is it safe to travel at this stage out of US. Has anyone/their families encountered any problem at POE while returning when their I485 was pending. What if my GC comes through when I am out of US.

See my signature below

EB1EA
PD: 18 Dec 06
RD: 18 Dec 06
I140- filed 18 Dec 06 approved 18 Jan 07
I485- Primary AD: 8/7/07
485 Derivative(Mine) AD:???

1) (You still not giving up analyzing ;))

:D

But from people's cases, I too decided that SR is just to make sure if they haven't misplaced or lost our files... and force CIS to open and touch them. So we should probably keep our expectation low as to what SR can actually help us with, but then again, to confirm they haven't lost our case IS important, because they do now and then (seriously).

If you are on H1-b with a stamp on the passport and have an approved, valid AP, then you should be okay (better carry the original receipt notice of I-485 as well). If it gets approved during your absence, you can re-enter on AP (regarding this, Jack sums up well in this thread).

Hi All,

My case similiar to many on this thread..Husband's(primary applicant) GC approved on 8/7/07. Mine(spouse derivative) still pending.

In the middle of all of this, I have to travel to India for an urgent work in Nov for a couple of weeks. I have a stamped H1b and an AP through Jan'08. My question is, is it safe to travel at this stage out of US. Has anyone/their families encountered any problem at POE while returning when their I485 was pending. What if my GC comes through when I am out of US.

See my signature below

EB1EA
PD: 18 Dec 06
RD: 18 Dec 06
I140- filed 18 Dec 06 approved 18 Jan 07
I485- Primary AD: 8/7/07
485 Derivative(Mine) AD:???