Tracker----June interview at Mumbai

im999,thats a good news about Delhi too.so our hope for July is still good..

Are u planning to call NVC tomorrow about review..I called them today ...its not still done..
Shanks

prasadk,2002gc,ary whats this 2001 transcript

is this anything to tax return. and how to get that? i ididn\'t heard anything about that earlier?

i have filed my return two months back.
can anyone tell me where to call in california to get that transcript(?)if i need it?

thanks

Call 1-800-829-1040

Tax Transcripts are got free by calling and requesting at 1-800-829-1040.

Tax Transcripts are printouts that reflect the tax returns you filed for the year.

I got my 2001 Tax transcript in 3 days.

Look for ary message

INS provides the computer print-outs for every year you file Tax return. Usually it takes some time to get 2001 year tax return, it seems alrady some people got that. I was also told it will be mailed in 7 to 10 days. Call that number given and go for the transcripts option and \'press 0\' you will be connected to some one, after they verified your name address and SSN, they will complete the request for trascripts.

June likely candidates at Mumbai

greatlakes - not found
ghosht - EB3
bigblue - EB2
bhagat - not found
vsshah - EB2
happy_BB_99
endOfTheRope
dolphins
samuk
hjs
avk
akshar
raging_bull
bbhaskar
v7
prasadk

I will call on Friday to find out ...

if u see cptracker.com, NVC seems to have reveiwed cases that were received till around 4/2/02 ... Chetu\'s is still remaining and his was received on 4/3 ... so ours is atleast 9 days after his, so atleast give it till this Friday 5/3 ...

I know it is frustrating to wait but NVC seems to have slowed down a bit .... hope for the best !!

MumbaiIV email exchange.

Guys,

I sent email twice. They said, In June, interview will be possible. My P3 was mailed from NVC on Apr 9, 2002.

One more thing. I have already all 3 years Tax filing information. Do I need to take that Transcript from related dept. ??

2 Conversations are as below.

---
Ist conversation::::

To: "\'vsshah\'"
Subject: RE: Case BMB20025***** reached to Mumbai ?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:38:37 +0530

We hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in June 2002.

You may check with us again by May 6-7, 2002 re exact interview date.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 8:29 PM
To: MumbaiIV@state.gov
Subject: Case BMB20025***** reached to Mumbai ?

Sir/Madam,

My Case # : BMB20025***** (EB2, Nebraska Service
center).

Packet 3 was mailed to Mumbai on April 9, 2002 from
NVC.

Was it reached there Or Entered in your system on
which date ?
When should I call you back to get Interview date ?

Thanks,

Vsshah.
-------------------------------------------------------------

IInd conversation::::

To: "\'vsshah\'
Subject: RE: Case BMB20025***** related
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:21:32 -0400

We hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in June 2002.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 11:11 PM
To: MumbaiIV@state.gov
Subject: Case BMB20025***** related

Dear Sir/Madam,

My Packet 3(Consular Processing, EB2) is mailed to
Mumbai consulate, India on April 9, 2002.

Case: BMB20025*****
My Name: VsShah
My SSN: ***-**-****

Have you received this packet 3 ?
What date you received?
When Interview will be arranged ?

Thanks,

Vsshah

--- END ----

Yes..its really frustrating to wait for NVC..if it had been the old process..

Probably we would have even done with the interview..
Shanks

Mumbai consulate replied to my email ..said interview will be in June.

We hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in June 2002. Please recheck with us around May 9-10, 2002 re exact interview date.

Has anyone started receiving packet 4 yet?

when should we expect it..I was hoping to leave for India by the 1st/2nd week of June.

ARY, Prasadk,,,, thanks a million

yes i talked on that no. and they will mail my last two year transcript. automated system said it will take 10-15 days to send transcript.

thanks again...this forum really rocks....

travel tickets very costly

It seems June 13- July 13 is a peak season and tickets normally cost $1200-1400 are now costing around $1600-1700. Man it is hard to get tickets confirmed even at that price. Any one from this June list shopping around for tickets? I was doing for the last week most flights are over booked except some junk flights like Gulf air, kuwait air etc.

Questions about money, photos etc.

Guys, Since we have already paid $260 with the DS230 I\'m guessing we don\'t have to bother with the demand draft hassel. Are there any other fees that we need to pay in Dollar equivalent?

Also how many photos do we need to take? I read that we need 3 photos for medical checkup also. (Is this specific to Lilavati?)
Are these to be immigration photos or just normal passport size?

Prasadk, I checked too..nothing below $1600!

June 13th to July 11th is the "peak period" (just our luck) and the dates before that such as june 1st week is all booked up.

Have you booked already? I\'m going to wait until I hear the exact date of interview since we are going to pay such a high price anyway..don\'t want to pay $275 for changing the date.

you will have to pay $65 at the consulate

this is in addition to the $265 we have already paid.
The photos have to be immigration style photos..

Shanks

Yes, I booked but on wait list trying to get it confirmed for June 11

I am trying for Malaysia air lines, it seems that is the only one to get around $1200 right now, otherwise Emirates also around $1300. Malasysia air lines is taking Newark->Dubai->Kaulalumpur->india(any city). I am hoping that I will get in June Interview. Just plain coincidence and we are paying high price for tickets.

New to this group ... Hoping for June Interview ... Have a few questions ?

Hi folks
       I have recently been reading the messages posted on this list. I too am hoping to get an interview date in June in Mumbai.
Does anyone have the list of all documents and photographs (style and in no) and info about PCC ?
I have applied for a PCC over here in San. Fran. consulate ... Do I still need a local PCC ?
Appreciate all your help .
Thanks,
Sunny.