TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

robocop104

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Its time we changed our spreadsheet to reflect the current filers.

i would like to summarize any important phone numbers and other info that we discussed in the 360 replies of the old thread. if anybody would like to send me a summary that would be great. i can edit this message and put it in as the first message in this thread along with the spreadsheet. i think it would be a good way for anyone starting out on this thread and not lose any info that was discussed.

so here is to fresh starts....:)

prashant.
==========================================
i do not plan to get rid of the old thread. i will let it die naturally as time goes by.
==========================================
1. one thing i always wanted to tell people was when someone gets approved please send all congrats via personal messages instead of posting a message for everyone to see. it wastes time for others.

2. one problem i forsee is the spread sheet going into diferent streams with lost entries. what I can do about that for now is to keep tracking it as owner of this thread and keep it as clean as possible. please post your information on the thread and i will add it to the spreadsheet and post updated versions every weekend. some people don't post their info because they dont have the patience to create an account. if you are one such person please email your details to

prashant_uppy@yahoo.com

we would like the information in the format as
a. EB1/EB2/EB3 - RIR- Concurrent/non-c/Consular processing
b. LIN number first few digits
C. RD and ND
d. info about your 485, EAD and Adv parole applications

3. whats the difference between RD and ND.

well, there is not much difference. RD is the reciept date and ND is the Notice date. i think everybody tracks the approvals by notice date. but RD and MD(mailing date) are mostly informational. i think that the ND and RD are available on the reciept notice you will get from BCIS. they dont have a PD(priority Date) for I-140. The date available on the website is the
Reciept date.

4. what are these LIN numbers and how to interpret them?

The way these numbers are made is as follows.
LIN-NSC (nebraska service center)
EAC-VSC (vermont)
WAC-CSC (california)
SRC-TSC (texas)

the next two numbers are the year. 03 - stands for 2003.
the three after that is the number of Working days from Oct 1st which is start of that fiscal year.
the next digit is normally 5 or 0. 5 represents available online status.
the next 4 numbers are your case number on that day.

5. where can we get info about status

Status Enquiries..
The following info from different threads in this forum:

NSC Direct# 402-323-7830
BCIS #: 800-375-5283
Website Enquiries (From BCIS):
https://egov.immigration.gov/graphi....jsp?textFlag=N

6. sometimes you get this message on automated status. it seems that it is no big deal. the BCIS service person will tell you to call after 150/180 days(as mentioned in your notice) of your RD if you ask about it.

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application

7. Useful link for EAD expecting people
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/ead.html

8. the foll message means that AP is approved.

On August 13, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

9 for filing for 140:

For filing I-140, you need the original LC.
You need the following doc's:
1] Company Federal Tax return copies for last one or two years. OR audited financial reports.
2] Your foreign degree evaluation reports.
3] Your previous experience certificates - copies.
4] Transcripts from your degree / PG - copies.
5] Reference letters from experts in field and from peers. (I think these are important if you are going to file it in EB2). These are not required, but good to have them.
6] Current visa approvals (H1 & H4's). I have submitted the copies of I-94; front and back of the passport also, but not required.
7] Employer Support Letter.. Since I-140 is filed on behalf of the employer, my attorney suggested that we file a letter from the employer. All it had was like.. we have a job opening for which we have obtained the LC from DOL, job descr.. salary.. permanent position.. we submit our financial reports.. expecting the approval very soon.. and a brief profile of the company.
8] G-29 or notice of appearance for the attorney. If you are applying for CP, my suggestion is that you submit a G-29 for yourself as well along with another G-29 for your employer. For
I-140 alone, G-29 signed by the employer is sufficient. But for CP.. this is what somebody told me: You can save sometime later on if you submit the G-29 signed by you as well. If not, NVC will need to send you a communication asking you to authorize them to send the Packe-III doc's to your attorney. But, it is just that somebody told me and my attorney agreed with it. So, it is upto you.
9] Ofcourse, the LC and the check or money order. Is it $135.00 ?

Please add / correct these if any body finds something..

10. educational qualification is done by:
The Educational Equivalency is required for any foreign degree qualifications, as far as I know. done from "Trust Forte Corpn". they charged me about $ 60.00, I received the certificates in
mail in two weeks. You can fax them the degree certificate and the transcripts..

http://www.trustfortecorp.com/academic.html

11. you normally get an RFE as soon as they receive the application if something is mising or later towards the end when they want proof of something. in the latter case, they normally
approve it as soon as they get the response.

12. lastly, conclusions from observing the trends on the 140 movement. it is noticeable that the consular processing and non concurrent filers seems to be getting approved much slower than
the concurrent ones. also EB2 seems faster than Eb3. so best thing is to file for 485 along with the 140 and not wait until 140 is done.
=============================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Prashant (Robocop104)

Let's hope this new thread brings us better processing times with NSC (particularly for Non-concurrent filers).

Please post if you know how long the old thread will be available if somebody needs some info out of it ?

Thanks for all the good work Prashant !!! All the Best !!!

Good news

RD 5/16/2003
Approved 9/15/2003

I noticed today that the online status thing had the "This receipt number cannot be found" message. Called the phone status check, and it said my case was approved and a notice mailed.

Woo hoo, one more step to go! (Too bad its the longest one)

Robocop, please update your xls sheet. Thanx

i-140 approved

140 approved

posted in other thread earlier.

EB2/RIR/Concurrent

lin 03 205 5xxxxx
RD Jun 16, 2003
ND Jun 20, 2003
AD Sep 16, 2003

regards,

GCUSER1

EAD approved

EB3/RIR
LIN-03-230-5####
RD: July 24, 2003
ND: July 29, 2003

Concurrent processing of I-140 & I485

Current status:
EAD approved, Approval date Sept 10, 2003

waiting for AP and rest..

SirZ i40 case details

Originally posted by bcis
SirZ

Could u post ur case details?

SirZ EB3 RIR Semi Concurrent
LIN-03-180-5xxxx
ND:15-May-03
RD:15-May-03
140 AD: 16-Sep
EAD AD:1-Aug
AP AD:1-Aug

venkatsri

We are on the same day.

EB1-OR
LIN 03-254-5****
RD: 8/26/03
ND: 8/26/03
I-485 not filed yet.

mimihu and venkatsri

Hi mimihu and venkatsri...

I think we are 3 almost on same days..

RD 8/25, ND 8/28 ,, LIN , 03-256-XXXX...

EB2 Concurrent...

My guess is our EAD and AP around Oct 13 based on previous approvals..

EAD, AP Approved:

ND:28-July-03
RD:30-July-03
EAD AD:18-Sep
AP AD:19-Aug

140.....WatingIkkada...................

Latest Spreadsheet.

and EB2 concurrent stays in the lead followed by EB3 concurrent.
the non Concurrent filers are looking at their married Concurrent filing friends and wondering....when will my turn come?. :)

never fear my friends. the "Statistics Man" is here to raise your hopes and lower your fears.

here is this weeks upadted spreadsheet....

cheerios!

prashant.

My details (Primary applicant):

EB3, Concurrent (Nebraska)

I-485 --> RD - 08/07/2003 - Pending
I-140 --> RD - 08/07/2003 - Pending

AP --> RD - 08/07/2003 - Pending
EAD --> RD 08/07/2003 – Pending (online status says 90-120 days)

Wife (Currently on H-4) – Her RD’s and online status are same as mine except:

Her EAD approved on 09/16/2003 Card received today i.e. 09/22/03.

Oh BTW her online EAD status says:

“The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center”

Looks like BCIS database is not accurate.

Sincerely,

RF