Tracker for PERM Prevailing Wage Determination

wildscenebob

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys:

This is a place holder for prevailing wage determination for PERM. Please specify:

1. Job title
2. Degree and # of years of experience
2. What job the SWA classified you as (software engineer, computer systems analyst,..etc)
3. What wage level SWA put you at

This will be super helpful for all those wanting to start PERM.

Thanks!

PWD from CA SWA

Is there anyone who has applied for the PWD with the California SWA on or after March 15th and has received the prevailing wage level from them? We have applied on March 15th and am beginning to wonder as to whether there was something incomplete in my application which is causing the delay. Havent heard as yet!

Perm Pwd (nj)

1. Job title
--> Software Engineer
--> Bachelor of Science, 1 year
3. What job the SWA classified you as (software engineer, computer systems analyst,..etc)
--> Computer Software Engineer, System Software
4. What wage level SWA put you at
--> Level 2
5. Decision by NJ DOL
--> $75,775/Year
6. How long did it take?
--> A few days (less than a week)

espresso said:
1. Job title
--> Software Engineer
--> Bachelor of Science, 1 year
3. What job the SWA classified you as (software engineer, computer systems analyst,..etc)
--> Computer Software Engineer, System Software
4. What wage level SWA put you at
--> Level 2
5. Decision by NJ DOL
--> $75,775/Year
6. How long did it take?
--> A few days (less than a week)

and is your wage around 75000$? i understand that when u joined the company u had a BS and at 1 yr experience? udon't think that this wage is pretty high for almost a fresh graduate?

antonioa77 said:
and is your wage around 75000$? i understand that when u joined the company u had a BS and at 1 yr experience? udon't think that this wage is pretty high for almost a fresh graduate?
It's a serious matter in four-level PWD system. It always starts from level 2 for professional position. This new system bothers many sponsors to hesitate processing it. Whatever the result is, my sponsor agreed with the result and my processing keeps going on.

espresso said:
It's a serious matter in four-level PWD system. It always starts from level 2 for professional position. This new system bothers many sponsors to hesitate processing it. Whatever the result is, my sponsor agreed with the result and my processing keeps going on.

so as I understand from u, ur wage is lower than the PW determined by SWa but ur employer accepted to increase ur wage? i"m right? I'm asking u this because i think i have the same problem with the PW but i doubt my employer will increase my wage. i'm just trying to see what to do in case my employer doesn't accept to pay me this wage.

by the way, when should ur employer pay the new wage? 1-is it when processing the LC or 2-when u get the GC?
thanks for ur help.

antonioa77 said:
so as I understand from u, ur wage is lower than the PW determined by SWa but ur employer accepted to increase ur wage? i"m right? I'm asking u this because i think i have the same problem with the PW but i doubt my employer will increase my wage. i'm just trying to see what to do in case my employer doesn't accept to pay me this wage.

by the way, when should ur employer pay the new wage? 1-is it when processing the LC or 2-when u get the GC?
thanks for ur help.
You are right. My current wage is lower than PW.
According to the regulation, my employer is supposed to pay me at least PW after I get the GC.

espresso said:
You are right. My current wage is lower than PW.
According to the regulation, my employer is supposed to pay me at least PW after I get the GC.

1-ok then, so he will pay u now or when u get the GC? do u know where in the regulation it says that?

2-my lawyer told me bcs i'm working in the position that we advertise to, the employer should pay the PW once the employer agree to the new prevailing wage, it means they have to pay me before i get even the LC cleared. whereas some people say no it is when u get the GC. it makes a difference for my employer to pay right away or wait for few yrs till getting the GC.this is why i'm trying to understand from u what to do.

thanks for ur help

antonioa77 said:
1-ok then, so he will pay u now or when u get the GC? do u know where in the regulation it says that?

2-my lawyer told me bcs i'm working in the position that we advertise to, the employer should pay the PW once the employer agree to the new prevailing wage, it means they have to pay me before i get even the LC cleared. whereas some people say no it is when u get the GC. it makes a difference for my employer to pay right away or wait for few yrs till getting the GC.this is why i'm trying to understand from u what to do.

thanks for ur help
1. I have no idea when my employer will pay me as much as PWD, but no later than becoming GC holder.
2. If your lawyer told you like that, you should seriously think of kicking your lawyer out of your process. Here is a paragraph regarding the issue from AILA

Timing of Payment of the Prevailing Wage
The final rule continues to reaffirm the current regulation that the prevailing wage must be paid either from the time permanent residency is granted or from the time the alien is admitted to take up the certified employment. Note that when “an alien is admitted to take up the certified employment” also refers to admission as a permanent resident.

I got PW from CA SWA

1. Job title : Senior Software Engineer
2. Degree and # of years of experience: Bachelors (CS) + 5 ys
2. What job the SWA classified you as (software engineer, computer systems analyst,..etc): I don't know
3. What wage level SWA put you at: I don't know

I have emailed me with my question:

Q:Is my salary 89k qualified to apply in EB2?
Ans: my lawyer replied me YES.

espresso said:
1. I have no idea when my employer will pay me as much as PWD, but no later than becoming GC holder.
2. If your lawyer told you like that, you should seriously think of kicking your lawyer out of your process. Here is a paragraph regarding the issue from AILA

Timing of Payment of the Prevailing Wage
The final rule continues to reaffirm the current regulation that the prevailing wage must be paid either from the time permanent residency is granted or from the time the alien is admitted to take up the certified employment. Note that when “an alien is admitted to take up the certified employment” also refers to admission as a permanent resident.

thanks a lot for this.

can u just tell me the link from which u got this aila information about PW? i really appreciate that.

asnmurty said:
2. What job the SWA classified you as (software engineer, computer systems analyst,..etc): I don't know

can u inquire from ur lawyer what is the level that SWA choose for u or what was that wage they came up with? and in which county in california is your work?

asnmurty said:

asnmurty - could you please find out what wage level your State Workforce agency put you at? It will be really helpful to everybody. Thanks!

1. Job title : Wireless Software Engineer
2. Degree and # of years of experience: Bachelors (BS) + 5 ys
2. What job the SWA classified you as (software engineer, computer systems analyst,..etc): Software Engineer, Systems Software
3. What wage level SWA put you at: Level 3

manair - thanks very much for your response.

Does anybody have any info of what prevailing wage for MS + 0 exp? Will that be level 3 - same as BS + 5 yrs?

Thanks!

I got my PW from my lawyer. Civil Engineer, Master+1Y, got a level 2. And my lawyer said we needed to change the job duty to get a higher level if I wanted to go EB2. Because she doesn't feel confident for level 2 PW.

The question is, if I apply LC by using Master+1, it will be EB2, right? so why the lower PW is not better?

Greentrouble said:
I got my PW from my lawyer. Civil Engineer, Master+1Y, got a level 2. And my lawyer said we needed to change the job duty to get a higher level if I wanted to go EB2. Because she doesn't feel confident for level 2 PW.

The question is, if I apply LC by using Master+1, it will be EB2, right? so why the lower PW is not better?

i'm a civil engineer and wana file for master +0 yrs. if SWA told u that level 2 apply for ms +1 yr then it means u r good for Eb-2. so why ur lawyer is not accpeting this level 2? it is weird? can u clarify?

so u mean that SWA determined that ur wage should meet level 2?

the reason EB-2 won't apply because it does NOT depend on your qualification. It depends on what DOL thinks the employer should require. And for a civil engineer, DOL specified the job zone is 4, which means only a BS is necessary to do the job. which means EB-3. EB-2 will definitely need business justification which implied AUDIT.

wildscenebob said:
the reason EB-2 won't apply because it does NOT depend on your qualification. It depends on what DOL thinks the employer should require. And for a civil engineer, DOL specified the job zone is 4, which means only a BS is necessary to do the job. which means EB-3. EB-2 will definitely need business justification which implied AUDIT.

my question is simply: did SWA determined that ur wage should be level 2 with MS+1 yr?