TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

No Title

Documents asked FP Notice ,Passport(I shown this to get the number)

better to carry EAD and Driving license (I shown when they asked second time at the time of Fingerpring )

Whole process took 45 minutes.

Update

# Applied : 1
FP ~ND : May 23
FP sched: June 13

I was wandering what woul dbe next step ufter FP?
And how long would it take to get Green Card.

Kosta

No Title

any FP notices for NJ whose ND\'s are 8th,9th and 10th of April...

thanks,
raju

St8 - Please update FP done today.

I have a question, I had a computerised FP and My wife had Manual, will this delay, in updating the AVM, for my wife?

Still waiting for EAD approval.

Thanks
DEC01

I think someone from APR 8-10 ND guys should call INS and try to wake up the officer <EOM>

&nbsp;

My ND is 04/09/2002 and no FP yet

I asked my attorney who said he will ask the INS this week when his clerk calls the INS...

Let us hope that mobilizes. He said that yes the FP shud have come by now, and do not know why it did not come..

Maybe we are the ones that will get GC with the FP at the PP Stamping phase only...

FP Experience.

If this can be of any use..
I went to INS Newark at Commerce Street at 9:30 and they asked me to come at 9:45 - as my FP scheduled time is 10:00 AM.
So, went back at 9:45 and they checked the FP notices and IDs and Cell Phone ( switch - Off ) and gave me a sheet to fillup - It contains blanks for name, address, ssn, a# and our physical description. We filled the form and stood in the line for FP. When my turn came they checked my ID, and details on the form which I filled up and gave me a number and asked me to be seated. Then after 20 mins, they called my number and I went for FP - One person scanned the barcode on my FP notice and asked me if the Name and address are correct. She took my Finger prints - it is computerized - So broken ridges and other defects will be prompted immediately. She took the FPs until all of them passed - gave me a receipt and that is it. They took away my FP notice, applicant copy - with which I went there. 9-45 AM IN - 11:00 AM OUT.

There is a Parking facility on Commerce street, to the east of INS building and on the same side of the road as INS building. If you are coming from RT 21, then you will first hit the Parking lot and then INS - If you are coming off Broad Street, you will first hit INS and then Parking lot.

SIDR.

Hi we unlucky April 6-7-8-9 ND\'s

I talked to the IIO today about my wife\'s EAD.
My wife\'s EAD ND is April 6th.RD MArch 18th.
The IIO was a bit rude. She said it will take 90 days.
I did not tell her about my EDA being approved though it is a May ND.
I did not want to compare dates.This is the 3rd time I am calling and
the first 2 times they said it would take 1 to 2 weeks.That never happened. Now they say it may be end of this month.
Any one knows where in NY can we go in person to get the EAD ?
Should we go only after 90 days ?
Answers will be appreciated.
-nyman

FP not updated on AVM

My FP notice was not updated on AVM. I finished my FP on 28th May. Even now the AVM not updated. The AVM still has the old message of
&quot;Received application for I-485 on 18th March&quot;. Where as when I check the AVM for my spouse\'s EAC-02-153-5XXXX, It has updated with the FP
receipt. &quot; Received FP &quot;. Can this happen. Any one knows of such problems with AVM.
nyman

FP no yet for my wife

Our ND: 04/09/02. My FP done on 06/03/02, but we still do not get the FP notice for my wife. We live in NYC.

dont call the IIO\'s so often

Hi friend i would suggest you not to call the IIO\'s often as that might have a negative effect on the process .. wait till the 90 days and if u dont get it by then, then u can give them a call and u have a good reason to give them a call... but i would suggest you not to cal the ins before their regular processing times.....

*** TRACKER UPDATE ***

Duffy5, I do not know how the AVM should be interpreted but you got your info. Enjoy!

When I went through the May Filers Tracker, I was pretty surprised and also seems these guys are lucky. Receipts and ND within 10 days and EAD, AP approval and FP notices for some in less than 20 days of ND. Hmmm... Don\'t know how INS works or how the processing times are determined by the SCs. (VSC\'s processing times are listed at shusterman, immigration.gtlaw, etc as of 6/3/02 but not at this site yet?)

My attorney spoke with an IIO and was told my AP would take another 4 weeks for approval and no info regarding FP. :( Contradicts the VSC processing times and the approvals happening with April/May filers.

Sidr, I think you are too optimistic with the 485 approval timeline. I think the luckier March filers will get it in Nov-Dec, 2002 and the rest in Mar-Apr 2003. Wish the approvals will occur more faster and my opinion is wrong.

Cheers and Enjoy!

EAD and AP done on ur own ?

Someone had posted - I 485 was filed by lawyer , received the 485 receipt which they had taken to the local INS and applied for EAD and AP and got it very quick !!!
Can this be done in NJ ?
Urgent - please reply !!