Tracker for appeals/MTR

I had 3 years Bsc + 3 years B.Tech. Bsc is a pre-requisite for this B.Tech. AAO accepted that the 3 years B.Tech alone is equal to US Bachelors.

Thanks.

Can you give us more details on your first denied I-140 ?
It was the issue of 3 years BS indian degree ? Yours was EB-3 ?
My I-140 appreal is filed in Jan'2008 and it was on 3 years educational ground.
Your detail will help us in keeping pations.

Ram

My case I-140 appeal also transfered to AAO in march 2008 and now I am waiting for result.
I have 3 years B,Sc, degree + 15 years experience before US job.
Let us see what are they doing in my case.
Hope for best.

Ram

3 year degree

My case I-140 appeal also transfered to AAO in march 2008 and now I am waiting for result.
I have 3 years B,Sc, degree + 15 years experience before US job.
Let us see what are they doing in my case.
Hope for best.

Ram

I think you would have known by now that unless it is mentioned in the labor they won't allow combining degree with experience or even combining 2 or more degrees. And you should prove that your 3 years B.Sc degree alone equal to 4 years B.S which is very difficult. They won't take experience for the degree unless it is mentioned in the labor.

Good Luck.

You are correct, I am aware on that but sometime you never know.
In this case my friend got aproval through AAO with 3 years degree w/o any combination. Never know.

I already filed new PERM and new I-140 too with correction of that silly mistake of attorny. I am still hoping to get my first case through which is in appeal to save my priority date.

Ram

You are correct, I am aware on that but sometime you never know.
In this case my friend got aproval through AAO with 3 years degree w/o any combination. Never know.

I already filed new PERM and new I-140 too with correction of that silly mistake of attorny. I am still hoping to get my first case through which is in appeal to save my priority date.

Ram

Interesting. Did you ask your friend the reasoning behind the approval and how he evaluated his 3 year degree to a 4 year US degree and through which agency?

Thanks.

I had 3 years Bsc + 3 years B.Tech. Bsc is a pre-requisite for this B.Tech. AAO accepted that the 3 years B.Tech alone is equal to US Bachelors.

Thanks.

Because the BSc is a pre-req to the B.Tech it is equivalent to advanced placement in a four year program. I have seen these denied and then approved after an MTR with a strong motion by a sharp attorney and a strong evaluation by someone who understands the situation and can explain it clearly. When we do these we always have a professors expert opinion letter included and it basically insures approval when done properly.

Dear firends,
with the grace of god and help of friends like you my mtr got approved toaday after 5 months. i thanks all the friends who help me in this journey.god bless everyone.you all will gt approval soon
Regards
Nick

I-140 approved after MTR, how about I-485?

Hello. IN October I have my I-140 and Both I-485 petitions for me and my wife denied due to inpropper labor filing. I filed MTR and petition I-140 was approved 2 days ago. (hurrah)I would like to know what USCIS will do with ine and my wife's I-485 petitions. Are they going to approve them automaticly after I-140 approval of maybe we have to refile them. Gurus please. My I-140 and I-485 were filed at the same time and got denied the same date. thanks

Hello. IN October I have my I-140 and Both I-485 petitions for me and my wife denied due to inpropper labor filing. I filed MTR and petition I-140 was approved 2 days ago. (hurrah)I would like to know what USCIS will do with ine and my wife's I-485 petitions. Are they going to approve them automaticly after I-140 approval of maybe we have to refile them. Gurus please. My I-140 and I-485 were filed at the same time and got denied the same date. thanks

Congratulations for 140 approval!
Hopefully, your 485 will be reopened automatically. If not then file MTR. Read this thread for more details:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=167581

Hello
I have one question
I filed EB3 category concurently in sept 2006 as a Physical therapist. In October my I-140 and I-485 were denied (I-485 got denied based on I-140). I filed MTR for I -140 since there was no apeal predicted for I-485. few days ago I got apprioved for I-140 and reopened for my and My wife's I-485. USCIS writes is pending again. Do you know how long it will remain pending before approval. It has been pending for over 2 years before denial. USCIS doesn't specify the dates but maybe basing on your experience you can tell me how long they will process it. I also would like to know if I am eligible for Advance Parole now. Thanks

Hello
I have one question
I filed EB3 category concurently in sept 2006 as a Physical therapist. In October my I-140 and I-485 were denied (I-485 got denied based on I-140). I filed MTR for I -140 since there was no apeal predicted for I-485. few days ago I got apprioved for I-140 and reopened for my and My wife's I-485. USCIS writes is pending again. Do you know how long it will remain pending before approval. It has been pending for over 2 years before denial. USCIS doesn't specify the dates but maybe basing on your experience you can tell me how long they will process it. I also would like to know if I am eligible for Advance Parole now. Thanks

If your PD is current, they "may" process you 485 in next few days. If not, then you need to watch the publised application received dates that your service center is processing for 485. When my 485 was reopened, at one time I called USCIS and asked that the publised processing date is past my application received date. The IO (real IO, not the call center rep) told me that those published dates do not apply to me as my case was denied and then reopened. Later I found that was not true. Anyway, there is no short answer for how long a case will take to get approved. Depends on PD, fingerprinting current or not and so many other unknown factors. Best of luck though!

Yes, if your 485 is re-opened then you are eligible for AP.

Last edited by a moderator: